New Jeep owner, ISO-

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

New Jeep owner, ISO-

Post by mahojim »

I know it should probably be asked on the "off topic" forum, but I thought I'd go fishin' in this here bigger pond... :wink:-
So this past fall I got me a 2010 2dr soft-top Jeep Wrangler, and I friggin' love it!
My question/idea lies herein; After browsing the Beach Bar website a bit ago, I kinda' had the idea of how groovy their new logo,as well as others on island ( Maho Bay Campgrounds,etc...), would look on my spare tire cover. I could go ahead and paint one myself with one of their wonderful logo's, but don't want to worry about copyrights,or anything like that...
I've been trying to get in touch with Boo at BB, but that little lady is hard to track down!(I work nights...)
So? Anyone know of anywhere on island/on line where this type of item might be available?
If there's anyone like me out there, I think we'd agree that there's a market for them. Although undoubtedly easy to steal off the vehicle, I'd take my chances!
Thanks for any insight,and always-
Smiles-
MJ
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

There are some places online you can have anything put on a spare tire cover, tire-covers.com is one, I have never used them but I have seen custom covers, they are pretty cool, some have a wire cable and a lock around the backside of keep them from "walking"

Oh... Congrats on the Jeep! Im on my 5th!
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We bought our 2011 Wrangler right after our last trip! I'd be interested in Something like this too!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Well,over 300 glances at the idea...(surely someone has thought of this before...?)
Grateful for the advice & support, thus far!
Like so many folks on this forum, when I met & fell in love- HARD - with STJ, it's magic grabbed me, threw me down, and made me bring her home with me.
Whether it's a Jeep, Blazer, Hummer, or any other vehicle with the spare tire hangin' on the back; I'm sure that plenty of the owners of them there vehicles would like to "personalize" it;- make it "our own".
just thought it was a good idea. It shares a kinship with us all on the forum...
We all drive Suzuki's or some sort of Jeep when we're on STJ, unless we take the taxi's, or walk.
Hey Anthony- ! Maybe you can fashion one for us forum folks!
Any ideas...? :roll:
Smiles-
MJ
KidLiggy

Post by KidLiggy »

I'm one of those that came home from a STJ trip and had a Wrangler within a month. I have one of those compass design tire covers and very happy with it, it fits nice and snug and has barely faded in 4 plus years.

Jim, read your report on Jumbie, we head there in 21 days, can't wait.

Only in a Jeep.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Another happy jeep owner here. Great idea!! I have a caribbean scene on my tire cover done by a local sign shop. I also have various STJ stickers around that and on the back side windows. Love my jeep and the whole tacky-sticker look! Enjoy the ride!!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"