Sprauve Library

Travel discussion for St. John
Jumbiegirl

Sprauve Library

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I'm wondering if anyone here has experience borrowing from the Sprauve Library while on vacation. I'd also like to about the selection of children's and young reader books available there. I think it will be easier to borrow books on St John instead of taking them down with us.
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
lprof

Post by lprof »

Unless the rules have changed, you must be a resident... from a post June 2011 by turqsea:

I went to the library this morning and they do not have books available for visitors to take out any more. Since the renovation of the library you can borrow books only if you have a library card. In order to obtain a library card you need to bring proof of residency. Sorry. Ronnie's Pizza has a selection of books to borrow while you are visiting. Papaya Bookstore also has a large selection of used books.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
mkb

Post by mkb »

I had the same idea and contacted the library. Visitors are welcome to use materials within the library, but you must have a USVI address to get a library card and take materials from the library.

I ended up taking books with me that I could leave behind and not have to bring back with me.

I also got a Kindle app for my iPod and borrow elecontric books from my local library to read while traveling.
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

You should check with your villa management company. Lot's of villas have a nice library.