Useless Air - Beware

Travel discussion for St. John
Sunflower

Useless Air - Beware

Post by Sunflower »

On Friday I got an email from USAir saying there had been a change in my itinerary. I had booked this trip Oct 2011. When I went to the USAir site to accept the change, I noticed that one segment of the trip was missing so I called...and lo and behold the return from STT to Charlotte has been CANCELLED! What a shock...my trip is scheduled for Saturday arrival 8-11 and Friday return 8-24 (Friday STT to CHL was cancelled - I still had the CHL to RDU). So the good news is I have to spend an extra day at Gallows, and the bad news is I have to pay for an extra day at Gallows :roll: :D

I asked USA if they would compensate by upgrading my flights to first class because of the inconvenience and added expense, and was told "no", but that I could email customer service - I guess a higher level than 2 folks I talked to on the phone...so I did and we'll see. They did tell me that I could ask for reimbursement after the fact for the extra night lodging.

Just to say again, as many here have already said, keep checking your reservations :!:
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

2 quick questions.....when is your trip scheduled, and did they try to re-route you through Philly?

The reason I ask, is I've never seen zero US Air flights out of STT on a Saturday, that's a little strange.....
luv2travel

Post by luv2travel »

There is the following flight available for Friday 8/17:

#1080 4:40 PM STT 8:20 PM CLT 3h 40m
#1550 10:40 PM CLT 11:30 PM RDU 0h 50m

I would call back to straighten it out.

Oops! Plugged in for the 17th instead of the 24th. Indeed there are no Friday flights. US Air stops Monday-Friday flights starting Tuesday 8/21 through October 26.

Edited to add: They have always stopped the mid-week flights.
Last edited by luv2travel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

sorry like duhhh......missed your dates, not Saturdays.....oh well, correct, they adjust weekday flights for off season.....that stinks....
Connie

Post by Connie »

Sun, you just have to give it up and go with what you have.

I'm so sick of US Air. We had a great flight and they changed it, but eventually we rebooked with American.

Now....after we already paid for the US Air flight, they told us it would take 2-3 billing cycles to get our credit. Keep in mind we also had to pay for the American flights.

And......we have a US Air credit card!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

That happend to me last year when I booked my hubby's surprise 40th trip. Got a call in June that they cancelled our flight home. Had a big argument with them and ended up having to take a Cape Air flight to Puerto Rico and then a flight to Charlotte in order to get home. Never did get any refund becuase they said that they offered me an alternative day to come home. We couldn't come home 3 days later since my hubby had to go back to work.

Anyway, I ended up out $700 bucks. So beware. USAir is notorious for changing schedules off season!
mit43

Post by mit43 »

WOW! Thank You! I went and checked our flights for September and sure enough, they were gone! They were able to move our seats to the Saturday flights 3 days later for free.

Now I have to change my ticker! :(
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!