Disturbance

Travel discussion for St. John
TraumaQueen

Disturbance

Post by TraumaQueen »

Good evening! I've been seeing on the news that there's a disturbance in the Caribbean that is affecting south FL this weekend. Is it affecting y'all? Yes, I'm asking bc of the possible mosquito outbreak.

Also, I'm positive we'll be on a beach somewhere for sunset and have been curious about the no see-ums. I know they come out at dusk, but how long do they stay out? I've seen to be in the water at dusk, but eventually I'll have to get out :D
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

It rained here Sunday morning and was intermittently cloudy, but haven't seen rain since then.
MIke

Post by MIke »

Finally,someone else on this forum who says y'all.
TraumaQueen

Post by TraumaQueen »

MIke wrote:Finally,someone else on this forum who says y'all.
Closer to you than you know 8)
Ready2Go

Post by Ready2Go »

Well I say Ya'll too :D
mark & susan

Post by mark & susan »

Like some sweet tea? Brookhaven, MS originally....
TraumaQueen

Post by TraumaQueen »

Wow!!! MS does have some St John fans!!!! Usually when I mention St John people ask me where it is :D. I've been several times on a day trip from STT on a cruise and have finally booked 10 days on island.

I live in the Jackson area and grew up in Hattiesburg. I pass through Lucedale and Brookhaven frequently headed to FL and New Orleans! Small world!

What are y'alls thoughts on how bad the humidity, heat and mosquitos are since you are familiar with the same in MS? As you can see we'll be there soon.

DO they serve sweet tea anywhere on St John? J/K
Ready2Go

Post by Ready2Go »

Not sure about humidity and mosquitos since this year will be our first trip. But as bad as the mosquitos have been down here this year I can only imagine. I think I will have to make my on sweet tea when I get there or my husband may have withdrawals :D
Kristen_Y

Post by Kristen_Y »

Hi All,

I'm originally from MS too (ocean springs)! In my opinion, the heat and humidity aren't nearly as bad on St. John compared to ms. The mosquitos are about the same.
TraumaQueen

Post by TraumaQueen »

Kristen_Y wrote:Hi All,

I'm originally from MS too (ocean springs)! In my opinion, the heat and humidity aren't nearly as bad on St. John compared to ms. The mosquitos are about the same.
My BFF lives in Lenexa! Small world! Thanks for the reply