St John and sailing trip - question on when to visit

Travel discussion for St. John
auntbevie

St John and sailing trip - question on when to visit

Post by auntbevie »

we're booked on a sailing charter out of Tortola starting on July 28. DH wants to spend some time on St John either before or after the sail...any recommendations on which is better?

Due to flight arrival times we will need to spend a night before the sail in St Thomas and then ferry over on Saturday for the trip...that's why my thoughts were to stay a week before the sail on St John and ferry from Cruz Bay.

not sure if weather is better in mid July vs August
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I would stay after because I think I would want a land shower and AC for a few nights before going home.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

My husband and I charter out of Tortola frequently. This year we stayed at the Crystal Palace in St. Thomas before ferrying over to Tortola. After a 10 day charter we like to enjoy land time for a few days before we head home. That being said I would opt to stay on St. John after your sail.
Have a wonderful time whatever you decide. St. John is wonderful before or after.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Agreed, definitely after the sailing trip.Just to provide another option, we've stayed at Sebastians in Tortola for the night before if our boat's not available for the sleep aboard. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"