on Island ~ HELP~ lost my drivers license

Travel discussion for St. John
greta gotrocks

on Island ~ HELP~ lost my drivers license

Post by greta gotrocks »

OH MY !! I can not find my drivers license!

My friends are driving this week, but next week I have to do the driving. I am feeling a little ill, this is causing me such stress.

We are getting married tomorrow.

On the on the lighter side.... lol.....We just may be stuck here.

If anyone can tell me what I can do, please let me know

either on here or here 1 3 1 3 7 5 8 8 0 3 0.

Thank You
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I think I had to provide a copy of my drivers license to my car insurance company. Maybe your agent will have a copy of your drivers license on file. Or, any loan applications done recently, that also would have generated a copy of your drivers license. Did you have to give a copy of your drivers license for your marriage license? If you can get ahold of someone in possession of a copy of your drivers license, then maybe they can fax it to you. I mean, chances are you will not get stopped by the police but if you did, at least you have the copy of the license with the license number so they could verify. Just a thought. Good luck & congratulations!!!!
STJ - I "get it"
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Oh No! I hope you find it!

As a side-note for future reference, I scan all of our important documents and email them to myself so I can print them out no matter where I am in the world as long as I have internet access. They may not be official, but they are a huge help replacing lost documents.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
greta gotrocks

Post by greta gotrocks »

mit43 and b-as-u-r, I did copy my license before I left home. Thank you both for reminding me of that. What do you think my chances are of renting the car? I will find the dmv tomorrow. Will I be able to get on the plane home?
mit43

Post by mit43 »

I am not sure about the car rental.

Did you bring your Passport? If so, you should have no problems getting on your flight home.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
loria

Post by loria »

i am sure you can get not he plane-- call your home DMV and see what they can do in the meantime (you should be able to go online and print something out that is a temporary license for driving purposes)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

Well that stinks.....I'm pretty sure you need a copy of your license to drive the rental car. Also, you need a proper picture ID to get through airport security......drivers license or passport.

There was a thread on this a year or so ago....interesting issue......after reading the thread, I scanned all my important docs and saved them on google docs. They can be accessed anywhere in the world assuming I can remember my google password. I suppose there's a risk that google could be hacked, but what the heck.....I used fake names on the files! :wink:
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

The car rental company will definitely want a copy of your license to rent you the car. Maybe your new hubby can drive???
Tickerless :(
greta gotrocks

Post by greta gotrocks »

thank you all!! I FOUND IT!! :oops: :oops:
AH

Post by AH »

I had my fingers crossed but I sorta figured you'd find it.
Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow and much wedded bliss!
AH
lprof

Post by lprof »

AH wrote:I had my fingers crossed but I sorta figured you'd find it.
Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow and much wedded bliss!
AH
AH said it for me... have a wonderful day today and a long and happy marriage!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Greta... I'm so happy you found it.
You don't need any more worries with a wedding tomorrow!
Congrats and enjoy St. John!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Hey married lady! So glad it worked out for you! Congratulations on your marriage. May it be full of love and joy!