When do you need St John most?

Travel discussion for St. John
EagleRayLover

When do you need St John most?

Post by EagleRayLover »

Reading Maho Jim's recent post and experiencing some crummy recent events of our own that Augie can expand upon if he desires, I wondered what truly puts people in spot where they say " I need St John right now!" and we are fortunate that our trip is in six sleeps!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
News of St. John

Post by News of St. John »

I need it when it is raw and dreary in Connecticut, which has been often this Spring.
Jenn, News of St. John
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

ALWAYS!!

But Especially when I'm cold!! And when I'm tired of the rude, unfriendly people here! Then I just dream of being on STJ, nice and warm, having fun with happy, friendly peeps!!
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

You would think someone from the northeast (us) would crave it in the middle of winter, but we love it in the summer. Low crowds, calm turquoise water. We don't mind that some restaurant are closed. We enjoy cooking. Right now, we are itching to get there already!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

All the time, but I crave it the most when I feel like Blaine and I are being pulled off in separate directions and haven't had time alone. St. John is where Blaine and Minde can be just Blaine and Minde, and no one requires anything of either of us.
toni

Post by toni »

We usually go after grape harvest; husband and I are like ships passing in the night during that 4-6 weeks so we need some quality time together where we can just zone out. Or he likes it in February/March after he's been working outside trimming grapes all winter and he needs a break to get some warmth back into his bones :)
parafins

When I need it the most

Post by parafins »

I need St.John the most just after the first week in June.Why?That's when my second job ends for the summer.I work at my kids school,cleaning part time.I have the summers off.When I work both jobs,my hours are 7:00a.m. to 11:00p.m.Monday though Fri.w/45 minutes home between the 2 for dinner.I also work 1/2 day at my full time job on Sat.By June i'm burned out,and need to get away!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
lark22

Post by lark22 »

The end of wedding season! By the end of November I'm usually burnt to a crisp (mentally) and ready to get away...
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

When I'm feeling alone. I have to go to my happy place
Tom
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

At the butt end of winter when the snow, ice and cold have lost their charm.

When I pull up behind another ice fisherman going 25mph in a 50 zone looking to see who of his buddies are fishing instead of working. When I hear about another truck going through the ice. When my neighbor taps my trees and I return from STJ to find another quart of that golden sweetness on my back porch. When all the ugly stuff in my back yard, that I should have put away in the fall but was hidden by the snow, has started to reemerge.

That's when I need it the most and thankfully get it.
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

When I'm stressed! Especially when school starts back in August. This year I will have been home a week, so I'll really be kicking and screaming. That happened last year, too, and during all the new "demands" all I can think about is going back to the island! 8)
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

When I am feeling down or overloaded. I crave that feeling of complete calm and relaxation. Now would be nice!
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

Right at the beginning of summer months I get the itch to be on the beaches of St. John to experience the tranquility they offer. I'm still hoping that I can get down there this year but if I don't, I will definitely be there next.
My Heart is in St. John!
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I need STJ the most in the icy and cold Winter months. My soul is soothed by getting away from it all around the end of February. It recharges my spirit and I know that Spring will be right around the corner when we get back. 8)

ERL and Augie have a fantastic trip! :D
~ Nancy
JnJShaw

Post by JnJShaw »

Anytime / All the time ... Now