Best dessert on STJ for Birthday Celebration

Travel discussion for St. John
islandjo2010

Best dessert on STJ for Birthday Celebration

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hi Everyone!

We leave in a week ~ so excited! Just need to finish packing and find out where on STJ has the best dessert!

We will be celebrating 2 birthdays while on STJ and 1 of them I would like to have dessert at the villa. We will have our friends joining us that week so there will be 6 adults and 6 kids.

Can anyone recommend a place that makes yummy desserts for carryout? It doesn't necessarily have to be a birthday cake.

Any help is appreciated ~ Thanks! :D
Jo
TouristTrapCheryl

Check Out Wedding Caterers + Private Chefs

Post by TouristTrapCheryl »

Hello! I live here in STJ and I came to your post to see what people recommended
because I do not know the answer to your question.

I am disappointed no one's had any recommendations for you yet.

I know desert only eateries are all the rage in the culinary world right now, sadly
that trend has not made it here yet. As someone whose been an owner/partner in
the STJ restaurant world for nearly 14 years and someone with a HUGE sweet tooth
I considered if such a venue could be done here. I won't be pursuing such a
venture because I think the combination of the high cost of operating a biz here
and the fact that most people here drink their sweets - painkillers, bushwackers,
lime and coconuts, etc. (down here alcohol is so much cheaper than food) -
means such a venture would not be a success.

I recommend you see what STJ wedding caterers and private chefs have to offer.
Many of our best pastry chefs and bakers work in that arena now rather than at a
brick and mortar bakery or restaurant.

Good luck! -cheryl
-cheryl

Pia

Post by Pia »

Fantastic birthday cake at Baked In The Sun :) Order in advance for your own personal favorite - mine...white cake with fresh mango whipped cream filling with buttercream icing :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Another Baked in the Sun vote! See what their offerings are! We love their Key Lime Pie and it's huge and will feed several!
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

Pia wrote:Fantastic birthday cake at Baked In The Sun :) Order in advance for your own personal favorite - mine...white cake with fresh mango whipped cream filling with buttercream icing :)

Pia

OHH mango whipped cream sounds heavenly . Is baked in the sun in Cruz Bay ? This sounds perfect for celebrating in St. John .
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
54b

Post by 54b »

On any other island in the Caribbean, birthday cake is acceptable...but on St. John, you gotta stick the candle in the coconut crack bar from Deli Groto.

It's so ridiculously crazy delicious, when you eat it, you can actually hear yourself getting fatter. It's that good.

It will be yummy. It will be messy. And it will be memorable.

Deli Groto Coconut Crack Bar*

Do it. Do it.

* Legal: Crack Bar not an official name nor trademark of Deli Groto; acutal bar does not contain actual crack (as far as we know).
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

"actually hear yourself getting fat"
OMG you're so spot on, and I love them! I even freeze several to bring home with us! I'd be thrilled with a coconut crack birthday bar. The cake sounds delicious, too.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I'm looking forward to trying the painkiller cheesecake someone mentioned a couple of weeks ago. I think it is at Waterfront Bistro. Sounds great!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Coden

Post by Coden »

From Baked in the Sun bakery...I can still taste it. Yum!!

Coden
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Another recommendation for Baked In the Sun!
They made the most delicous cake for my husband's 30th with fresh Strawberries that were not easy to find. It was one of the best cakes I can remember having!
efrank

Post by efrank »

Question about Baked in the Sun - Do you have to order or will they have a few on hand to just grab and go? Also, where did they move again?
[/url]
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

You have to pre-order to be sure that you get what you want. They were super nice to deal with.

They are right nixt to the Inn at Tamaraind Court.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I ran in last second in February for my son's birthday cake. They had a few and it was amazing!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

+1 for BitS!

My daughter ordered a birthday cake for my wife's 60th a couple of days ago. It was really good. Mocha frosting w/ custard & raspberry filling.

Got the 10" cake for $38.

BitS is located just before the Tamarind Inn. They close at 400pm.
efrank

Post by efrank »

ohhh, that's too bad, we're getting at 4! Although there is an anniversary while we're down there too, maybe we can do a cake for that rather than the birthday. Thanks for the info everyone!
[/url]