Lost phone..need help from someone local

Travel discussion for St. John
JJShaw

Lost phone..need help from someone local

Post by JJShaw »

I dropped my phone in the Taxi on the way to the airport..The taxi company has it. I am needing some help to get it back...not sure how the best way to go about it...they wont mail it. I have to arrange to get it at least to the PO. Any ideas or anyone heading over that way that could pick it up and get it in a priority box to be shipped? Thanks so much !!!
[/url]
Pia

Post by Pia »

I won't be on St Thomas for a few weeks or I could :( Hopefully someone will be over there sooner than I

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I know you would Pia...TY ..:)
[/url]
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Just a thought -- could you mail them a self-addressed postage-paid Priority Mail envelope? Then they could just drop it in a mailbox or have the mailman pick it up with any of their regular outgoing mail.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

lark22 wrote:Just a thought -- could you mail them a self-addressed postage-paid Priority Mail envelope? Then they could just drop it in a mailbox or have the mailman pick it up with any of their regular outgoing mail.
I thought of that but according to my PO I cant..as they are not sure of the cost..I thought they were one price up to a certain weight..no matter where they were mailed from...I was gonna get one of the small boxes and ship it in an envelope and have it prepaid...however on a bright note...I think I have it taken care of..I am not one to lose things...usually...but I also lost a ring the same day...not an expensive one..but one I liked...then it hit me it was the 13th...and we were booked in row 13...:shock:
When I printed our boarding passes that morning at Connections...it of course gave the option to cancel the reservation...I joked about doing it...I wish now I had... :lol:
[/url]
CBama

Post by CBama »

we don't arrive on island until Wed...but if you still need help let me know....
Pia

Post by Pia »

If you mail them a small Flat Rate Priority Box with lots of bubble wrap inside all they will have to do is drop it in the mail - it does not go by weight if it is a Flat Rate Priority Box it is a set price regardless of weight and add insurance also - great idea :)
Realtor - St John Properties
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I am happy to announce Deb Pennington is getting it for me tomorrow...YEAH !!!
Thanks for all the offers and input..:)
[/url]
loria

Post by loria »

gotta love the forum folk! that is super nice-- kudos to deb pennignton! and happy birthday jj
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Well Deb is one of the best STT people. She Will make it happen, Thanks MrsCJ.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Just saw this, I am so glad That Deb can do it!... we won't be on STT untill next Tues.
TouristTrapCheryl

USVI is a DOMESTIC US Address - Not global nor international

Post by TouristTrapCheryl »

Pia is correct about flat rate priority mail. If you end up needing to deal with US mail
between USVI and US ever again, know that USVI is a domestic US address. Same as
mailing anything to any US state. Post office employees in the states do not always
know this fact. That could be why your local PO told you you couldn't mail a prepaid
flat rate box here for them to send your phone back to you in.

That is only true of the US Post Office. Other shipping services are another story, but with US Post Office we are a US domestic address.

If you need any other help with this task email me: cherylgeller@cybergal.com.
-c
-cheryl

JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Thx all..

and Exit..yep..Deb rocks !!

Ruby...I thought about calling you to see if you were heading over there anytime during your visit...but hated to ask...I didnt want to interupt your time there..I hope you all are having a great time...I so wish I had extended our stay..:(

Cheryl...thx for explaining that...I was confused and couldnt figure out why they told me I couldnt send one prepaid..and I felt sure Pia was right about it..Im willing to bet thats what it why he told me that I couldnt send one prepaid..I called them...I should have just gone down there..maybe that would have helped...but on a good note..Deb is helping me and I am very grateful..:)

Thank you Cheryl for the email addy and the help...I appreciate it..:)

Thanks to everyone as well..:)
[/url]
JJShaw

Update !!!

Post by JJShaw »

I spoke to MsCapnJay (Deb) and she has picked it up and mailing it out to me...Thank You to Ms Capn Jay !!!!
I deeply appreciate you going to the trouble to help me out so very much !!!
Thanks again !!!
[/url]
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

Just getting caught up on forum posts and just saw this. Thanks for the nice comments :-) Glad I could help. I've met a lot of great people and made a lot of friends thru this forum so it's nice to be able to "pay it forward" :-)