Amalie car rental?

Travel discussion for St. John
arenee

Amalie car rental?

Post by arenee »

We haven't been to St. John since 2009 due to some family weddings in Mexico. I'm excited to say we will be returning next April and can hardly wait.

My question has to do with car rental. In the past we have always been really hesitant about renting a car on St. Thomas. After reading the forum the past couple weeks, I see more and more people are renting on St. Thomas and it seems many of you are renting from Amalie car rental. This seems like a great option for us as we are a group of 8 and we would definitely save on the cost of using taxi's on St. Thomas to get to the ferry. What can you tell me about Amalie car rental. I'm assuming you still have the same worry as always that if something happens to the car on St. John you are on your own to figure it out? That concern has always been our biggest drawback of renting on St. Thomas.

This trip we will also be spending a day on St. Thomas at Coral World. My youngest son has been waiting and waiting to do the shark encounter. The past few years we have visited he hasn't been tall enough. So renting the car on St. Thomas seems to really make sense this time as we can take the cars back over to St. Thomas to get us to Coral World.

Thanks in advance.
CBama

Post by CBama »

We just rented from Amalie...and could not have been more pleased...

very easy process...they meet you outside baggage claim with your name on a sign, they have jeep/vehicle ready and waiting in parking lot. You listen to some instructions,sign papers, and are on your way.

They give you a number to call if you have vehicle problems while on St John. Our vehicle only had 3000 miles on it, was brand new!

on return to airport you call thirty minutes before arrival, and they are waiting at drop off in front of terminal.

I would highly recommend them...
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

We love love love Amalie and have used other rental companies both from St Thomas and St John. We will not change back ever again!! They are by far the most delightful people to start your trip off !! 8)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
arenee

Post by arenee »

Great!!! Thanks for the feedback!