Jeep Rental with Parking

Travel discussion for St. John
ledmiston

Jeep Rental with Parking

Post by ledmiston »

For our past two trips, we have rented 2 jeeps from Conrad Sutton, mainly because you can park in his lot. Both times, one of the jeeps has had problems. Last year, Conrad came to our villa to try to fix the one jeep. While we appreciated the house call, it took a lot of time out of the day. Is there another reliable rental agency that we can use that also allows parking in Cruz Bay? I would like to rent on St. Thomas but am having a hard time convincing my husband.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

When are you going?

We always rent on STT and rarely have problems parking in Cruz Bay but we go in the off season. I know parking can be more difficult during the winter.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
mark & susan

Post by mark & susan »

We used to rent from Penn's, partially due to their parking lot but now we rent on STT.

This last trip instead of using Slim's parking we parked by tennis courts/car barge in the free lot. I timed the walk from there to Woody's - about 4 minutes - worth the $10 saved we thought.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We always use Bougainvillea Jeep Rental (run by the Schnells out of their studio/store). We've had good service from them and the Jeeps were in good shape, some fairly new. The parking is in front of their store (Amore Center) which is near the traffic circle. Depending upon where you are going in town, its a few minute walk. It would be longer if you were walking to Mongoose.
ledmiston

Post by ledmiston »

We have rented from Bougainvillea before and may go back to them. One year we rented from L & L which did not end well. Our car was hit when parked in Slim's lot resulting in dent in fender. L & L was furious and the charge to repair was outrageous. In addition, L & L told us we could not return the car with any sand in it! We spent the morning we left vacuuming and polishing before we returned the car.
awardb

Post by awardb »

Have had great luck with St. John Car Rental (across the street from Fish Trap). Free parking at night. Nice people. Also have had good luck with Courtesy Car Rental, free parking as well, probably 3 min. walk to Woody's, if that.
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

We always rent with St. John Car Rental. Cynthia is very efficient. You can park in the evening in their lot but we rarely to advange of this as we go during the off season and usually find parking elsewhere.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We rent from STJ Car Rental. In high season, we can usually find room in their lot but it can get crowded, enough so that we sometimes just pay at Slimman's rather than navigate STJ's lot.

We rented from Penn's two summers ago and it was fine. I would rent from them again.[/b]
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

ledmiston wrote:We have rented from Bougainvillea before and may go back to them. One year we rented from L & L which did not end well. Our car was hit when parked in Slim's lot resulting in dent in fender. L & L was furious and the charge to repair was outrageous. In addition, L & L told us we could not return the car with any sand in it! We spent the morning we left vacuuming and polishing before we returned the car.
I am concerned. :shock: We parked in Slims lot a couple of times this year and it was convenient. Did Slim's not cover your ding since they park all cars!
ledmiston

Post by ledmiston »

Capn Dan and Ruby wrote:
ledmiston wrote:We have rented from Bougainvillea before and may go back to them. One year we rented from L & L which did not end well. Our car was hit when parked in Slim's lot resulting in dent in fender. L & L was furious and the charge to repair was outrageous. In addition, L & L told us we could not return the car with any sand in it! We spent the morning we left vacuuming and polishing before we returned the car.
I am concerned. :shock: We parked in Slims lot a couple of times this year and it was convenient. Did Slim's not cover your ding since they park all cars!
Slim's clearly backed the car into a wall. However, it was dark and we did not walk around the back of the car when we left. We didn't see the dent til the next morning. My husband felt that there was little chance that Slim's would accept responsibility for it. How could we prove it happened in their lot? Moral of the story is inspect your car from all sides when leaving Slim's.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Oooh, yeah, that's too bad about Slim's parking. We always park there, too. Did you even approach them about it, and give them the opportunity to do the right thing? I'm curious about that. We will check, from now on.
We liked Courtesy Car Rental on STJ. They were very nice and allowed on site parking. Terrific vehicle as well.