Bittersweet vacation plans

Travel discussion for St. John
samoka

Bittersweet vacation plans

Post by samoka »

I am really excited that I just booked my flights for February and got a decent price - $487 out of Boston. Crazy that that is a decent price! My sadness comes from the reality that this wil be my first tri since the death of my husband. He had been sick for a long time and we took several trips during his illness, I have travelled without him before this will be very different. No one to bring trinkets and rum to :(. So as excited as I am to have another trip to STJ on the horizon...
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I'm so sorry to hear of your husbands passing but St. John (as you know)is such a wonderful place to find peace and renewal. I hope your sadness fades by February and smile at all the great memories together and the new ones yet to come. Bless you and your upcoming trip! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
loria

Post by loria »

oh samoka you will carry him in your heart....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

So sorry for the loss of your husband. What wonderful memories you will have of your times on STJ together.
How great that you can find the will to go it alone. Your courage will see you through.

jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

“It’s a magic kind of medicine no doctor could provide.” JB

It really is.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

It is wonderful that you are traveling back to where there are great memories, your husband will be there in spirit , it's funny, my father's favorite place was Islamorada in the Keys and we had such great times down there, but I am hesitant to travel back there...and I don't know why...I guess it's because I know he won't be there and it makes me sad. It's great that you have this to look forward to, all the best to you.
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. I hope you find the water, sun, and memories of your good times there together healing.
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

So happy you have a ticker, but sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine, but hope you do find that magic kind of medicine that is good for your heart and soul!
Dome526

First trip without your husband....

Post by Dome526 »

I'm sorry to learn about your trip without your husband. I have a suggestion- how about if you bring 10-20 wallet size pictures of him, or him and you, and as you do things on St. John, place a picture in the area of the activity you did. That way, you cna "bring him" with you....
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

I just love Dome526's idea. You are courageous and must know inside that you need the healing this trip can help to bring. God bless - may the sugarbirds be with you..
djmom

Post by djmom »

I'm so sorry about your husband's passing.

I have never been through anything like this, but I can say that since there are so many memories there that there is probably nothing that would make him happier than to know you are going. I've told my family dozens of times if I "go" that I expect them to take some of that insurance money and travel back to the places we love.

He'll be there.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
samoka

Post by samoka »

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Its funny but his favorite travel spot was the Keys too. Thats where we went this year :). He liked STJ but not like some of us. I love domes idea. I willdef do that. Now for the wait...i
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Sorry about your husband's passing, glad to hear that you are getting out there and heading to St John. It will be good for you and your mental health. Enjoy.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I know how it feels as I did the same thing 6 years ago. STJ will help heal your heart. Now I go to visit her as I always seams so much closer to her when I'm there.
Last edited by waterguy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
CBama

Post by CBama »

so sorry for your loss...

praying you have a wonderful peaceful trip.....

just looking at that beautiful water can bring you peace..