BOOM CRASH! Trip report day 1

Travel discussion for St. John
BeAsUR

BOOM CRASH! Trip report day 1

Post by BeAsUR »

I think it is easier for me to post day by day. We left the house at 4 am and arrived at our villa, Bongo Bongo, at 6pm.Of course it was rainy - but that means COOLness and very breezy! Quite welcome from our hot Texas temps!! As usual, the trip was tiring and we were glad to finally be at the villa. Left immediately to go get food, as there was no Welcome Basket to take the edge off our hunger or thirst, like there has been on past trips.
Beach Bar for nachos and painkillers. Both kids can order drinks now! 1st time for 19 yr old daughter to order a drink....she loved her Nilla Killer. Gorgeous sunset. Then to Starfish to get the bare breakfast neccesities which cost a weeks worth of groceries back home! We crashed by 9pm and slept so good listening to the torrential rains and omg the BOOMING THUNDER! :shock:
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
jdw

Post by jdw »

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip...especially about Bongo Bongo since we will be staying there on our next trip.

Good to know there is not a welcome basket so we can plan accordingly. In the past we have always had a basket from the villa management company but this is our first time renting from Carefree Getaways.
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

I never realized how important that Welcome Basket is until we didn't have one. We were SO hungry and thirsty!!
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Can't wait to hear more! I like going with my older kids who can have a cocktail with their "rent"! Jason actually danced with me on by Birtthday at the beach Bar!! So ifmhemneeds a drink to ask me to drink- that works for me!!
Looking forward to more Ali!

And really needed to see my ticker for the fall as I forgot where our number stand and I need it badly aleady :wink:

Xoxo les
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Read part 2 before part one. Your rainy 1st full day sounded so relaxing after a long day of travel.
Looking forward to reading your reports :)

Thank you for your post about the welcome basket. We have enjoyed that in the past and it does make the simplest difference. Good to know!
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Arriving on a rainy day only leads to greater anticpation of the sun breaking through the next morning. Plus, it sounds like you enjoyed a bit of a sunset on the first night.

Looking forward to all your posts!
Pianogrl

Re: BOOM CRASH! Trip report day 1

Post by Pianogrl »

Loving your tr & pics! SO wish we were there w/y'all. I know you're having a blast! Thanks for taking the time to post....livin' through ya you know!

R & R
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Cookies are good. Just cookies!
_____
Things I have in common with a raccoon: dark circles under my eyes, stay up all night, eat junk.....you know the rest!
jwwj

Post by jwwj »

I'm surprised there was no welcome basket, we've rented from Carefree Getaways several times (including once at Bongo Bongo) and there always has been one and they've been very generous, cookies, chips, crackers, juice, beer and rum.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I hope you and your family enjoyed the rest of your trip. I would love to hear your thoughts on Bongo Bongo. Did you miss AC??

Thanks.