Safari Truck Rental

Travel discussion for St. John
jan

Safari Truck Rental

Post by jan »

Does anyone know which car rental companies have the open air safari trucks for rent.
happycanesfan

Re: Safari Truck Rental

Post by happycanesfan »

I believe Paris Car Rental has one safari truck for rent...$100 a day during high season and $90 during off season.
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

We rented from Cool Breeze in June it was 597 for 8 days.

and rented from Denzil Clyne for this coming January for one week 536

We loved it and it worked for us. It was my husband and I and 4 children. I liked riding in back. A little bumpy if you have back issues. This Jan we will be with sister and brother and their spouses and I hope it works as well as it did with my children. We had lots of laughs.
jan

Post by jan »

Thanks Cindygad, just rented from Denzil Clyne.
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Jan,
Let us all know how you like it. We saw Denzil Clynes on his lot when we were there in June. We liked the idea of the dual cab. They are also newer. How ever we had no problems with Cool Breeze.
Dorcy_7

Post by Dorcy_7 »

I have a good suggestion for you. Try some Truck rental in Vancouver, WA who provides good services. These are very famous and trusted providers. You must have read about them.
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Safari's can be fun with a large group, but if you have youngsters, consider backstopping them with adults at the rear of the benches. Years ago I was in the back of a safari when somebody spilled their drink on a North Shore hairpin. A wave rippled down the bench as everyone quickly rose to avoid wet-butt, and the next thing we knew, one of our friend's kids was out on the road. We quickly got the driver's attention, and the boy was fine, but it could easily have turned out for the worse.

All the best,

Kevin
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Coconuts wrote:Safari's can be fun with a large group, but if you have youngsters, consider backstopping them with adults at the rear of the benches. Years ago I was in the back of a safari when somebody spilled their drink on a North Shore hairpin. A wave rippled down the bench as everyone quickly rose to avoid wet-butt, and the next thing we knew, one of our friend's kids was out on the road. We quickly got the driver's attention, and the boy was fine, but it could easily have turned out for the worse.

All the best,

Kevin
I hope people did not think I had children in back. My kids are all grown and the youngest was 26. Last year when my brother and sister and spouses came we rented the dual cab. We had alot of fun and it worked out great and helped cut the cost of two vehicles.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Hi this is an interesting idea! Would it accomodate 8 adults and does anyone know if they would fit into the parking spots at Grande Bay? Thanks for any info you can share.
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

If you rent the one from Denzyl that has dual cab it would hold 8. It worked for us but we were all family and got along good. Several people have said never just rent one vehicle.

As far as would fit at GB I have never stayed there but same size as full size truck. See picture above.Last year they only had two trucks so we booked way ahead.
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

This brings back fond memories and a reminder of how times have changed. In 1986 when my kids were 7 and 4 we wanted to rent for one day while at Cinnamon Bay. The only rental I could get was a safari truck so we took it. It was President's Week. I drove with my wife and two kids in the back. Although car seats were in use at home on St John they were unknown and often seat belts didn't work in the rentals cars- if they even had them.Today I would be horrified if my daughter put her three toddlers in the back of a safari truck or in a rental car without a car seat. I was young and it was a more carefree time. The good old days???
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Dorcy_7 wrote:I have a good suggestion for you. Try some Truck rental in Vancouver, WA who provides good services. These are very famous and trusted providers. You must have read about them.
This is relevant, why?
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Thanks Cindygad! I appreciate the info! We are blessed enough to have a group that travels real well together. Might be worth checking out. Have a great day!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

SPAM alert DonnaM :)
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Yes, I know! I was surprised no one else mentioned it!