Walk to snorkeling

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Walk to snorkeling

Post by nancyr84 »

I was thinking it would be nice to stay in a villa that I could walk to good snorkeling. The Villa would need a pool to keep husband happy and air conditioning at least in bedrooms. I came across a few, love the Haulover area and Pebble cove but no pool . Any ideas.?
Nancy
liamsaunt

Re: Walk to snorkeling

Post by liamsaunt »

Francis Bay Estate and On A Clear Day are both walkable to Francis Bay. I rented FBE last summer and loved it. Both have pools and ac in the bedrooms. They are larger homes so on the high side price wise, but if you are going with a group it would be doable. The homes are too large for just one couple in my opinion.

There are also the homes off Devers Bay, such as Vida de Mar and Sunset Beach. The snorkeling off there is decent, not my favorite but ok. Klein Bay has homes with beach paths. The snorkeling there is quite good.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
sloopjones

Post by sloopjones »

THE RETREAT, in Dreeket's Bay at Haulover has a pool and you can walk to the water.
There are other of rentals on the East End of STJ would fit your needs as well.

Most are on VRBO.

sloop jones
do you believe what you see or see what you believe
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Beach Music you can snorkle chocolate hole some of the most over looked snorkling on island
Tom
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Check the villas around Chocolate Hole. Tom mentioned Beach Music. We stayed at Ebbtide and Cielodonna in 2010. Remember that East side gets evening sun and west shore gets morning sun.

As a bonus (or not) it was a relatively easy walk for to the Westin complex.