Hotel in Town

Travel discussion for St. John
philbetm

Hotel in Town

Post by philbetm »

:) The hotel that opened up in town...is it still there and has anyone stayed there yet? Still looking for a place for the first 4 nights of our trip. Also, if they are there do they have places to park ? We are renting our vehicle on STT and will have to have a parking space.

Thanks,
Sherry
" I believe there's Magic here...."
stjchica

Re: Hotel in Town

Post by stjchica »

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? It was open when we were there at the end of November. They seem to book up pretty quick. Do they have availability for your dates? Parking looked very limited as it is on a very narrow street. Someone on the forum stayed there recently. Maybe they will chime in with more info..The rooms themselves look nice for a short stay~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

We are staying at Cruzen Blue in Grande Bay in April for our first few nights. Good reviews and no too pricey. VRBO #228254 Hope this helps!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Also St. John Inn just renovated I heard...Might check them out for a few nights stay~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:) Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel...that's the one I was trying to get my poor old brain to recall and it just wouldn't ! But...just read a post on it somewhere else and the poster said they don't provide parking. That would not be good. Guess that won't work.

Barb Y, I looked also at the one you spoke of as well. It is really big and a little too expensive for us. :( Our budget won't be able to take more than $250 per night for those 4 night ( june 11-12-13-14 ) because we will be moving into a Villa in Coral Bay for the next 7 nights after that...also it is just going to be Hubby and myself those first 4 nights. Three other couples will be joining us at the Villa.

We have stayed at Estate Lindholm before and really liked it ...but I will have no way to cook there so I guess the hunt continues! Hoping that Gallows Point might offer some discounts closer in to our trip time...but don't know if they do. I think they have a beautiful location. Also, I PM one of the forum members that has a Grande Bay unit...but it was booked up :( I'll keep reading and looking...would really like to have something walking distance to town.

Thanks again,
Sherry
toni

Post by toni »

Lavender hill would be good for you; they have parking too. Price is within the budget. We stayed there in december and liked it a lot.
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

How about Aqua Bay Villas? http://www.aquabayvillas.com/
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Hi Sherry-I just got home from STJ a week ago today, if you do not need to stay right in town, I stayed out on Estate Contant (at the gas station and basketball court make a right, rt. 104? It is about a 1/2 mile up to the driveway) it is a lovely studio that would be perfect for 4 nights, it literally took me 2 minutes to drive into to town, NIce view of STT and you overlook Cruz Bay. It is VRBO #197654, not sure of your dates but this may work for you. The owner Lee is a longtime resident of STJ and is a lovely person. I already miss STJ :(
lprof

Post by lprof »

I may be able to offer some help in a few days pertaining to the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. Yes, it is open.
If you need a kitchen, the penthouse would be your only option and it is normally rented only for a week at a time. I suppose they would rent it to you if they had 4 open nights between weeks that were the ones you need.
I will find out for sure about parking; however I do not think there is any.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:) Finding all of these ideas very helpful ! Thanks to all of you.

Will check in to Lavender Hill for more info. ,Toni .

dreamshark...Where is Aqua Villa's located? Can't get that one pictured in my mind .

Myheart'sinSTJ...this place has been mentioned to me by a couple of people. Will check it out as well.

Iprof...Yes, we do need a kitchen. Hubby and I are both diabetic so I like to prepare our breakfast and lunch. We probably will be going out for dinner these four nights ( June 11-12-13-14) since the others that are joining us on the 15th in the Villa in Coral Bay like to cook and eat in... :)
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

How about some of the units at Cruz Views? They are not exactly in town but close and I believe in the $$ range that you are looking at. http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/

It is a steep hill into town going back up is a bit more of a challenge

Good luck!
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Just returned yesterday from Lavender Hill. Have stayed at Glaaows, Cruz Views and Lindholm and think Lavender Hill was superior to all of them for the price, location and parking. They do run specials and made me several discounted offers while I was looking. We actually decided to stay for a week and were able to rent a unit privately from Cimmaron St John. early nice place for a weeks vacation but wouldn't have needed such an upscale unit going into a villa. They do offer free washer/ dryer downstairs near the pool.
Cruz Bay BoutiqueHotel is up at least one or two flights of stairs from the street. There is absolutely no free parking anywhere nearby. Might be very noisy if you are going late June into July. BTW Grand Bay does offer reduced rates for shorter stays to fill in the dates when the units are empty. There are several agents that can help you. PM me for info.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:D Sounds like Lavender Hills is the place we need to try to get. Thanks everyone. I am going to contact them and see if they have anything available.

Sherry
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

philbetm wrote::)
dreamshark...Where is Aqua Villa's located? Can't get that one pictured in my mind .
Mind you, I have never stayed there, but from the online pics it looks just lovely. IF you believe Google Maps, it seems to be located on the south side of town between Frangipani Ln and Seagrape St. The Aqua Bay website mentions being close to Frank Bay, so that is probably about right.

--- sharon
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

I stayed at Cruz Views 1 a few weeks ago (owners call it Bliss and book it directly via vrbo and flipkey) and absolutely loved it. Close to town but not in the midst of the 'hub-bub' so you don't get the noise, traffic, congestion etc. Close to everything but up high enough to get great views and some peace and quiet. We really enjoyed it. Enough so that we decided to book it again for a summer trip with our kids. Kitchen was great (it sounded like you liked to cook in and really it has everything you would ever need).