Yikes! Spouse not sure if he wants to go back to STJ!!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
NoWorriesMom

Yikes! Spouse not sure if he wants to go back to STJ!!!!

Post by NoWorriesMom »

Help !!!! What do you do if your spouse doesn't Love, I mean LOVE, St. John? I'm thinking divorce :wink: but might just have to compromise and go elsewhere next time. Any of you have this problem?
BabaAus

Post by BabaAus »

No.
Bug

Post by Bug »

I am very lucky that my hubby "got" STJ from the very moment he stepped foot on the rock. I would have had to divorce him if he didn't LOL.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you can talk him into going back!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I sort of have that problem. However he is going back in 1 month, but I had to wait 2 years and I had to talk him and the family into it.
That's why I am going on the Six on the Beach Tour and I will go on the women's trip every year if I have to. :D
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I have that problem with my SO, somehow I talk about snorkeling enough that I seem to get him interested or he sees stuff on HDTV about coral reefs and wants to go back.

He will frequently tell me he wants to try another island so I do half ass research then convince him STJ is so much better.

The other thing is I have to go on other trips with him to places he wants to go to more (i.e. Europe) so that he'll be more inclined to be willing to go where I want to go as well.

The other thing I try to do is go to him and tell him there is an airfare special and how cheap it is at that time to go.

This time was easy...just said Cat and Catsman wanted to know if we wanted to join them and he was up for it.

Good luck with it.

nothintolose
RickG

Post by RickG »

I divested my under-performing spouse.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Knolmom

Spouse doesnt---

Post by Knolmom »

Sounds like a plan, Rick.

On a more serious note, my DH and I "got it" at the same moment in February 1996. We had been going together for 2 years and had visited only one other Carib Island on vacation( Grenada). We took a cruise with a very large group from my job. It was very port intensive and STT was our last stop before returning to SJU. My sister had worked in Immigration right after college and had one very short( 1 month) assignment to STT. Much to her regret she never got over to St John.
Feeling that we would be beached out during the cruise, she suggested that we go to the National Park on St John to do some bird watching for a change of pace. A large group of our friends were going to Megans Bay, and they were very dissappointed that we were going all the way to St John to go "bird watching". We promised to meet them later and took the ferry, with binoculars in hand, and thankfully, swimsuits under our clothes.
When the taxi went over the Caneel Hill, we were mesmerized and after Hawksnest- Jumbie we were speechless and by the time we got to the Trunk overlook "WE GOT IT".
We bailed from the taxi and never left the water and almost missed the ship. We have been coming back and back--on our 20th visit come November. BTW Richie proposed from the king bed at Cinnamon Tarn in 1998 and we were married on Peter Bay at 2B in 2000.
Oh, and about that "bird watching" -- only from our balconies at the many beautiful villas and of the pelicans diving for dinner.
JT

Post by JT »

Hell, after 30 years together doing sweet things for anniversaries, Christmas, yuck, yuck, yuck, yadda yadda,etc., for Betty's 60th b-day I was stumped, so I finally asked her, "Whadda ya want?,this one is special!". She said all she wanted was the turquoise water. I was outta work. was broke. I booked two flights and called Windspree and booked a villa.We had a frikkin' blast. I'm still outta work. I'm more broke then I was then. I found flights today for $268. from Dulles. Damn, I think we're soon come!

BT on her 60th birthday on the deck![img][img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t82/ ... 0760-1.jpg[/img]
Whadda you all think?
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JT

Post by JT »

Ain't you sweet? Then again, a repeat photo of Betty's 60th on Trunk Bay[img][img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t82/ ... opat60.jpg[/img][/img]
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I'm planning on 60 being the new 30. Betty looks great for any age. I just saw a story on our local news about the new "fillers" that make you look years younger without surgery. Kind of like filling in bags and wrinkles with putty and streading it around. :shock:

My husband loves STJ about every 2 years, so I take kids or friends or strangers (six on the beach) to get my fix of at least twice a year.

He doesn't seem to mind, but I am REALLY nice to my meal ticket. :lol:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Betty,
You go, girl! lookin good...
Going "home" again October 26th!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

JT - with a lovely lady like that no wonder you are such a sweet guy! What a great post. You can feel the love!

My hubby sort of gets STJ, well he humors me. We both like seeing other places, but I just keep getting drawn back to it. We we try to mix it up, but I swear I won't go more than 2 years again. And when these kids are bigger I'll be back annually as long as I can afford it. There may be a small window between old enough to be left & in college!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

No way! John loves St. John just as much as me.

We usually agree on all of our vacations. He's game for wherever I want to go, and the only time he has to talk me into a trip is when he wants to go to NYC. It's not that I don't like the city, it's that I hate thinking about getting all dressed up for dinner. Once I get there everything is fine--it's just the clothes planning stage that gets to me.

Knolmom, I'll be thinking of you when I am at Cinnamon Tarn in 12 days!

JT, Betty looks amazing. I could only hope to look like that when I am 60!!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Betty is gorgeous!