Fun forum friends

Travel discussion for St. John
toni

Fun forum friends

Post by toni »

Nothing (other than being on St. John!) beats finding someone on the forum who lives relatively close by to you so that you can visit or talk/email all about your love of the island.

Was able to have a nice lunch with Minde today prior to her trip down this week. We'd planned on last weekend but as you could tell from her posts she was under the weather. Got to see all the pictures from her past trip and discuss her upcoming two trips (you lucky lady!) :D

Had it not been for this forum we wouldn't have met, so thanks Anthony and thanks Minde - that time just flew by!
jimg20

Re: Fun forum friends

Post by jimg20 »

Although we've met before, I will be having dinner with Tracy from WI and her family next week. Since I travel for my job, I have met a rather long list of Forumites here in the states between trips to STJ. Then there are those We met on STJ and met again here in the US. There are two in Mass., one in NY, another in PA, there's Ill, MN and TN and I am sure there are more. Minde and I tried to get together, but couldn't pull the schedules together. That's just one of the secondary benefits that I get by traveling for work.

Thanks to our Forum friends.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

We should have a Six Degrees of Separation game. I think Minde was the first Forumite I met, and although she says she's shy, she came right up to me at Cinnamon Bay campgrounds to introduce herself. I think she was on her first trip to STJ back in May 2009. Since then I've met a few of you and I must say, we're a likable bunch!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Time DID fly by! Thank God there wasn't anyone waiting for a table, cause we monopolized it for quite a delightful while!
Forum friends are great - looking forward to meeting some more of ya!
(And I AM shy, Lovermont - you're just special :) )
brenda

Post by brenda »

This post got me thinking about all of the forumites I have had the pleasure of meeting and who were the first ones. I can't even remember clearly back that far, but one year that stands out in my mind is November 2007. We met Mr and Mrs Captain Jay, Marybeth and Charlie, and Pam and John from NY. We all met at our connection in Charlotte and the wierdest thing was that we were in rows 7,8, and 9 on our flight to STT. Yes, I actually remember that! The forum was well represented on that US Air flight. The Captain Jays have since moved to STT and I value the long lasting friendships that I have made.
Going "home" again October 26th!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Forum friends are indeed fun.

Pat, Barb Y, butterfinger, Chet, Capt Dan and Ruby,

I know I am forgetting someone.

Looking forward to meeting up with anyone who is on island with us this trip.....Any takers?
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

We, too, have met some exceptional people over the years from the Forum. Some are still on the Forum as regulars, some are not. Some check in occasionally, some not so much. Some live on St Thomas or St John, some are international. Either way, they are all part of our story and we love that we have experienced the island with them and hope to share more experience with more of you!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting