Post by DELETED »

DELETED
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Thanks Jorge---great report.
---Jim
RickG

Post by RickG »

Thanks for the update. Cayman Islands or Bonaire for the boys trip? I need to get that slow ear fixed.

Here's Sweet Christine at Kiddel Bay last week. Too bad, it was too rough to snorkel. I'd like to hit that spot next time around.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Betty

Post by Betty »

Great Report! Hubby loves diving Caymans and he has some adventurous spots in the BVI's that he enjoys. I got claustrophobic diving the BVI's, he took me through some very narrow caves :shock:, I had a major panic attack, that turned me off diving :oops: I stay above now and work on the tan!
Have a safe trip home
JT

Post by JT »

Well, Jorge , thanks for all of your effort to report to us. Kiddle is supposed to be difficult to get to. It's also a secret.So, you you got off the kiddie ride and took the big kid's ride,[diving], and don't want to go back, eh? Sorry, but snorkeling still has it's charm and challenges for me.I hope that I never lose the thrill. Your trip reports are very entertaining to me, but we see STJ from different eyes. You always seem to have a great time partying with the crowd 24/7, which we do an awful lot of year round up here. I would do okay with a fairly large group on island, but it wouldn't be my first choice for my vacation. Maybe I'm getting old, but I think I know why you like being 40 some feet down.
Peace & Harmony, JT
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hey Jorge
Been following the trip reports. I was wondering how the diving went – glad that it turned out so good that your now hooked on SCUBA. Really sounds like you had some great dives. Too bad about the skeeters – but sounds like the coils helps. Anti-itch cream will help with the rest.

I’m sitting here in the only clean shirt I have right now – the “BDFT tour T-shirt” as I do the laundry. I’m truly glad that you all had a great time and we’ll have to catch up on another trip.

Safe journey home – I’ll have a beer for you – Oh, all out of beer, but have wine.

Cheers Buddy – FlaGeorge
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Glad you had a good time. We have been on island since April 27, also leaving tomorrow. We did head down to the Beach Bar the Sunday past, but I think you folks had left by the time we got there.

The skeeters did suck big time, but who cares. Marcia and I had a great time. I'm glad you did, too.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I wish I could dive.....I can not decompress and after trying for almost a yr I just snorkel.
Thanks for the trip report.......Coco de Mer is beautiful......I like the Gatehouse myself.....
I had friends stay in Coco in 2004......and 2005
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Thanks buddy
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Thanks Jorge for the great reports. No matter how they are written or what they include, it is always nice to hear about your adventures. I appreciate that you take the time to do so.

Great report about diving - I'm still a bit of a chicken and fearful of a panic attack. I'll probably stick to the snorkeling. Any pictures of the Eagle Ray?

Have a safe trip home and even though it's a year away, Juice and I will be looking for you in June 2008!

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the report Jorge!
I was looking forward to reading it! I can't wait to see pictures!
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thanks so much for sharing your vaca to STJ with us...we've enjoyed your TR's so much!!! :)
Coden
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Great final report. I'm glad your dives went so well, but I know I'll never be a diver. Too chicken!!
But it sure sounds like I'm missing out on alot. I think I saw that same VW spotted eagle ray. That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in the water.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I love to read your trip reports, Jorge. Now that you're turned on to scuba you'll have to go to Bonaire. The island is not a beautiful island and the few sandy beaches that are to be found are mostly man-made so you don't go for the beaches. But the underwater world is amazingly diverse and rich.

Good to know the comments about 2B. I had heard in previous reports that it was a bit 'tired' and need of some TLC.

Have a safe return trip home. :D
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Jorge, I am glad you had a good trip, and had so much fun scuba diving. I don't dive any more because John can't come with me, but it is a really fun sport. The experience with the eagle ray sounds amazing.

Thanks for your reiew of 2B. It looks amazing on the web and it is good to hear a real-life review. I didn't notice the louvers until you mentioned them. Maybe the owners should install slider screens instead.

I hope you have many more fun St. John adventures!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.