St. Croix ! ! !

Travel discussion for St. John
TXgal

St. Croix ! ! !

Post by TXgal »

Hello all! I'm a newbie to this board, but I've been lurking for a couple of days. I haven't seen many posts on STX- it *is* in the USVI, right?? :P
My family and I are headed there this Christmas for 1 week. We're staying at Pelican Cove Condos. They look really nice and got some good reviews on TA, but I'm having a hard time finding any more information on them. Can anyone tell me about the location? The beach? We're looking for semi-upscale, or at least nice & safe.
Also, my brother, father, and husband are avid kayakers and fishers. We're looking to rent 2-3 kayaks for the entire week... can anyone steer me in a good direction?
Finally, I have some questions about Christmas Day and Eve. (We'll be there 12/20-27). Does the island "shut down?" We would like to eat a memorable meal out either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (and cook the other meal.) Any suggestions?
Thanks and I look forward to "chatting" with you all!
~Cheers!
way2old

Pelican Cove Condos

Post by way2old »

Tx Gal,
Pelican Cove Condos have a website:

http://pelicancovecondos.com/

Enjoy your trip!

Go Limin...way2old
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi - There's a great STX trip report on another forum, I'll PM you.
TXgal

Post by TXgal »

Thank you, I did see that review and it got me really excited! I'm surprised there isn't more talk of STX here.... Also, I did find that website for Pelican Cove Condos, I was just hoping to get a bit more info. Anyone ever even driven by them?? :P
Thanks again!
California Girl

TXgal wrote: I'm surprised there isn't more talk of STX here....
Yeah, me too. I know people are going to islands other than St. John, because I see the trip reports on other forums! We just need to coax some of those people over to this forum to post their trip reports! LOL!
:D
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

California Girl wrote:
TXgal wrote: I'm surprised there isn't more talk of STX here....
Yeah, me too. I know people are going to islands other than St. John, because I see the trip reports on other forums! We just need to coax some of those people over to this forum to post their trip reports! LOL!
:D
Or create a St. John Only forum... :wink:
California Girl

Steve S wrote:
You mean this isn't the St. John Only forum?!?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AlabamaSusana

We love STX;have spent every Christmas there for 10 yrs (+)

Post by AlabamaSusana »

Don't know Pelican Cove Condos - however we did stay at Hibiscus which is near there. The beach is beautiful and we enjoyed swimming and snorkeling in that area. If you have a car, you will be able to enjoy the entire island. If not, you will still find lots to do in the Pelican Cove area - at least 4 or 5 good restaurants should be within walking distance. Of course, most hotel restaurants are open for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Some of the more exclusive restaurants are closed Christmas Day. All of the more upscale places will require reservations for Christmas Eve. We spent three weeks on STX last year and didn't get to all of our favorite restaurants - there are so many! Our favorite Christmas Day restaurant is the Cultured Pelican at Coakley Bay Condos (about 4-5 miles east of Christiansted). They are one of the few nicer restaurants that is open in the evening. We ate at Hibiscus one year and it was nice. Check things out when you arrive, as I recall Hibiscus only served a mid-day meal on Christmas Day.

A great way to see the island is with Sweeney's Island Tours.

If you are into great dining, consider:
Bacchus, Kendrick's, Savant, Salud Bistro, South Shore Cafe; also good RumRunners, Tivoli Gardens, Duggan's, Cultured Pelican

If you love the water, give scuba diving a try - we like S.C.U.B.A. in Christiansted. They do a nice Discover Scuba for non-certified people.

Have a GREAT TIME!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

California Girl wrote:
Steve S wrote:
You mean this isn't the St. John Only forum?!?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn’t STX an ole defunk rock band – just kidding ya’all
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
captaindoug

Pelican Bay

Post by captaindoug »

You should be very happy with pelican bay. But do rent a car since there is not much in the way of ammenities at the condo
Looking for a new mate to Share my travel interests with