VI Pale Ale

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

VI Pale Ale

Post by mbw1024 »

Right here in New Jersey!
We took a ride today to our favorite wine shop which I knew was now carrying VIPA. Went over to the beer section and couldn't locate it so I asked someone. He looked it up in the computer and found he had ONE 6-pack, warm. So we scooped it up. When we were checking out one of the managers told Charlie they weren't going to be able to get anymore because the distributor won't be carrying it any longer. Didn't they just start carrying it in NJ? It was on the On STJ site not long ago. Bummer man :( :( :(

Winnie

Post by Winnie »

I bought a case at BevMo here in CA for my husband for Valentine's Day and they told me then that they would no longer be carrying it. Same excuse, the distributor. But I just checked the BevMo site and they still have some. So perhaps it will be back? I also emailed them, btw, to ask them to keep carrying it. Don't know if that helped.
Anyway, if we can't get it at home, guess we'll just have to get back to STJ sooner (much better)!
BasUR

Post by BasUR »

Well, enjoy your six-pack and drink one for me! I have a friend getting me some Landshark Lager this weekend. It will have to do until July when we get to STJ!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Here's a shot of the new 200L brewery in Mongoose Junction. I have the same brewery at home in the 100L Size.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

looks like a good place for a swim :)
njhdrider

Hey Neighbor

Post by njhdrider »

where in nj did you find it...I am just up the Highway from you...

Vince.
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Wine Library in Springfield.
Billy

Post by Billy »

Its probably a good thing they do not carry it anymore. Jorge and I found Carib in Charlotte a couple of years ago, now it is not as special when we go to St. John. We have actually gotten tired of it and did not drink that much while we were down there this past week. Just a thought.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

that's a good point. but just liked to idea of being able to get it when a trip to STJ was long off on the horizon. doesn't sound like we are going to be able to get too much more of it so guess I have nothing to worry about ;)
Cheech

Post by Cheech »

Hey guys, this is Cheech the co-creator and owner of Virgin Islands Pale Ale and our new Island Summer Ale. Thanks for the great discussion about our beer. Just to let you Joisy folks know, VI Pale Ale will be back on the shelves. We have a couple pallets heading to the Garden State very soon. The initial response was so great in NJ that most stores sold out so quickly that they thought they weren't getting any more. Be sure to let them know that it will be in stock soon and if your local liquor store doesn't carry it let them know that it is available through Hunterdon Distributing. Thanks for you support. VI Pale Ale's success is from fans like yourself. Cheers to you all!

Cheech
Last edited by Cheech on Tue May 29, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Cheech, thanks for letting us know! My husband and I will be sure to visit when we are on island in November. We also regularly visit Shipyard when we are up in Maine!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Cheech,
Is there any chance of us getting it in Kentucky?
Image[/url]
Cheech

Post by Cheech »

Not yet. We are slowly expanding our stateside presence. We are currently in RI, CA, and NJ. Hopefully soon to be in Massachusetts. We are slowly entering new states in the coming months and year. Someday we hope to be in Kentucky. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, all the more reason to visit us down here on St. John!
swoop

Post by swoop »

Bought a case in RI last weekend, and I only have 4 left. Looks like I'm going back. :D
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

mary beth wrote:Wine Library in Springfield.
That's up in my part of NJ. Far drive for you but I'm glad you found some.