Seascape in Chocolate Hole

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Seascape in Chocolate Hole

Post by SuefromMA »

Anyone have any comments re: Seascape in Chocolate Hole. Looks like our "first choice" of Kia Ora can not accomodate us for the 11 nights that we need. Don't know yet if they can accomodate us for "some" or not.

So, need to continue our search for a villa. We like 90% of what we see on the Seascape site. But, are concerned about the dated look of the furniture. We are "hoping" that they are "old photos".

We like the view, the pool and hot tub and "stone-worked" shower. But, are concerned about the living room furniture for an 11 night stay.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sue & Jim
chloe_jade416

Re: Seascape in Chocolate Hole

Post by chloe_jade416 »

Have you looked at Time Out villa (with Destination St. John)? Also a 2 bedroom in the Chocolate Hole area. Just planning our first visit to the island, so haven't stayed there ourselves. But would have seriously considered it if it were available for our dates. Destination St. John said it was recently renovated and it looks very nice online.
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Wow. Time Out is gorgeous. Just that it is about $100 more per night than we want to spend. Good and bad news is that we are staying for 11 nights. So, we really are trying to keep the per night cost down so that we feel we can "help the local economy" in other ways, as my husband would say.

Thanks for the recommendation, though.
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

SuefromMA wrote:Wow. Time Out is gorgeous. Just that it is about $100 more per night than we want to spend. Good and bad news is that we are staying for 11 nights. .
We got a 10% discount on our villa because we're staying for 10 nights. It can't hurt to ask.
WSUbeachcoug

Post by WSUbeachcoug »

We have stayed twice in Chocolate Hole area. We just returned from Time Out a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoyed the house and ease of going to town.
First time we have used Destination St John and probably not the last. They were great to work with. We traveled mid week in between high and low season. We received low season rate for the our entire stay. Good Luck!
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

SuefromMA, please check your private messages.
How many more days?
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Seascape has wonderful views and outside areas but inside is a little long in the tooth to say the least.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Sue - I know this is over your budget, but if you want a REALLY special experience check out Arc du Soleil. I've never stayed there, but showed it to one of my husband's coworkers who booked it for her honeymoon and loved it. She said it was hard to leave the villa because the views were SO astounding from the pool.Just be aware that the main area is open air - no doors or screening and that was their one complaint. The bedrooms are closed off of course. It's in Virgin Grand Estates which is a gated community just above the Kia Ora area.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Actually, if you Google 1 bedroom villas STJ V.I. a good selection comes up. Just noticed one called Grandview that I'd never seen before and it fits your budget. You might want to take a look.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Don't know Seascape, but we stayed at Treasure Ridge last year in Chocolate Hole! Great place and fabulous views of Chocolate Hole and Hart Bay!
http://www.destinationstjohn.com/home.p ... re%20Ridge
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

Lindy wrote:Actually, if you Google 1 bedroom villas STJ V.I. a good selection comes up. Just noticed one called Grandview that I'd never seen before and it fits your budget. You might want to take a look.

We actually stayed at Grandview in 2003. Its actually a 2 bedroom with a nice master. GREAT villa but no pool.
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Here is a very nice villa that is in your budget and with very easy access to Cruz Bay:
http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/ ... ailability