Bvi Baths charter for 4 adults/3 kids

Travel discussion for St. John
smilesfromMN

Bvi Baths charter for 4 adults/3 kids

Post by smilesfromMN »

We'd like to do a full day charter to BVIs. The boys are 12, 11, & 9. We've been to the Baths once (6 yrs ago), but now that the kids are older I know they'll want time to explore and play at the Baths- not just see it on a quick visit.
Depending on the seas, I'd love to do some kind of cool snorkel stop as well.
No need to bar hop this time, although a lunch stop at a note-worthy place would be fun.
I've looked up a lot of charters that seem to fit the bill for us, but they are all for a max of 6 people.
Any suggestions for 4 adults/3 kids? Perhaps the public ferry is our only option?
We'll be there late Dec/early Jan.
Thanks!
PA Girl

Re: Bvi Baths charter for 4 adults/3 kids

Post by PA Girl »

A couple of years back, we went out on Born to Rhumb, which at the time, was licensed for 12 people. It was a nice, fast, stable boat with plenty of room to spread out. We tied up next to them this year at Cooper Island so I know the boat is still around.

We enjoyed lunch at Cooper Island. Our friends were there at the same time (not with us) and they were happy with their meals as well.

I will be watching this thread because we are also looking for a larger boat for our next trip because we will probably have 7+ people.
IRMermaid

Post by IRMermaid »

Hi--I was just posting about a day trip we took with Southern Hospitality. We were very happy with our trip and that boat will hold your crew very well.
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

That Southern Hospitality looks like a really nice boat, but it would be $2,275 + fuel for a full day. Unfortunately that's just too high for me. I bet it was a great trip, though!
tochin

Post by tochin »

Check out Pirate's Penny and Stormy Petral. Fun time and would work great with your group size.

http://www.bookitvi.com/stormy.html
sjdck

Post by sjdck »

We had a wonderful time on Scubadu, a 40 ft cat. I believe they can take up to 10 or 12. Our kids loved it! They actually include a great lunch which was wonderful but I'm sure they would make a stop somewhere also.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... lands.html
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

We took 7 people on Lion in da Sun earlier this month. It was $700 plus fuel (depends on how far you go - $180-300). Capt. Rick will take you wherever you want to go.

http://www.lionindasun.com/