WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE MONTH TO VISIT STJ?

Travel discussion for St. John
Heart in STJ

Anytime!

Post by Heart in STJ »

I love spring (March/April) too largely because by then I've had about as much winter as my soul can stand. STJ rescues me. Next year, we will be coming in February for the first time and, naturally, I am beginning my countdown now. We always travel during the kids school vacations and although getting a good flight can be pricey, I've never felt that the island seemed crowded.

By the way, I've just re-routed through the old forum. The new one looks great! I know it's been up for a while but it's just too painful to come when I don't have a trip planned on the horizon. Nice job Anthony!
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

SarahD
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

We go in early November before the prices go up. The weather has been great, the water warm and everything open.

We were there the week after the torrential rains in 2003. It muddied up the snorkeling from the beaches so we went out on a day sail - so glad we did as we had a wonderful day with the Capt. Phil on the Wayward Sailor.

Hit the BVI last November and returning to both this November.
janet
Joe Jackson

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE MONTH TO VISIT STJ?

Post by Joe Jackson »

Any month that ends with a 'y', 'h', 'l', 'e', or 't' works for me... Hi to everyone!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Hi, Joe, where'd you go?
-Ruth
David- n Hampton, VA

Aug/Sept

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

IF one can avoid the storms/hurricanes, then Aug and Sept are the best. Very few other tourists (although I realize that is starting to change) and for most of our visits we had the beaches to ourselves. Hard to beat really.....world class beaches, less traffic, and fewer parking problems.
Joe Jackson

Tradewinds website hacked again

Post by Joe Jackson »

Tradewinds website hacked again
jdjcmaso

Post by jdjcmaso »

We have settled on early to mid December, before the high season prices kick in. The past 2 years, there were snowstorms her in NJ while we were in paradise. Previously, we had visited in June(not bad) and August(minimal hurricane). This will be our 10th consecutive year. :D
Joe
2FarNorth

Post by 2FarNorth »

Believe it or not we love traveling at the end of July to the begining of August.

Can't count how many time we have had a beach all to ourselves.

Sure its a little warmer and some palces are closed for the season. But if you are willing to risk a little hurricane action(never had it happen in the past five years)and you want to save a bunch of money as well as pretty much have the place to yourself...you really can't beat this time of year.
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

I prefer the quiet times - August and September - but only when my favorites restaurants are open and the menus are not those scaled back menus. I was really disappointed this past visit (Aug and early Sept) when I realized that Meson Amalia on STT was closed and Indigo changed their menu, removing my favorite item. I look forward to certain things...and I'm bummed when they're nowhere to be found :(
Bluwater
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

When ever I can get there or when work will let me off
Rhumboogie

Post by Rhumboogie »

Anytime! But October is the best for me due to Halloween. That can be a riot on STJ! 8)
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;what is essential is invisible to the eye"-Antoine de St. Exupery