Villas with on-site caretakers

Travel discussion for St. John
petepie

Villas with on-site caretakers

Post by petepie »

Does anyone know which small (2-3 bedroom) villas have on-site caretakers? I've found a few from online descriptions, but if anyone has a recommendation of a place they liked that was under $3000/week low season with on-site ownership or caretaker, please let me know. I like the added security of having more people around the property than just our group.
EagleRayLover

Re: Villas with on-site caretakers

Post by EagleRayLover »

I know Rhumb Runners does - haven't checked the price though.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Sea Cruz says it does.
Beach Creecher
islandbrenda

Post by islandbrenda »

Hi, Please check out villa venturoso.com. It's my villa and I list it on this sight.
It is in a great location near town and has beautiful views and is $2800 per week in low season and I am currently offering a 20% .discount. Please take a look at my website and let me know if you have questions!
I have on sight caretakers!
Thanks!
Brenda
islandbrenda

Post by islandbrenda »

Hi, Please check out villa venturoso.com. It's my villa and I list it on this sight.
It is in a great location near town and has beautiful views and is $2800 per week in low season and I am currently offering a 20% .discount. Please take a look at my website and let me know if you have questions!
I have on sight caretakers!
Thanks!
Brenda
islandbrenda

Post by islandbrenda »

Hi, Please check out my villa at villaventuroso.com. I have it posted on this sight.
It is a 2 br 2 bath with on site caretakers. Its in a great location near town.&
is $2800 for the week and I am currently offering 20% off throught dec. 15th.
Please check out my site and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks! Brenda
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

Villa Adeste in Coral Bay: http://www.vrbo.com/156126
islandbrenda

Post by islandbrenda »

I'm sorry for the multiple posts...my computer is doing strange things this morning!
Anyway...you can also check out my villa at vrbo.com 137305
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

We stayed at Villa Tamarindo 3 yrs. ago and Mike lived in the apt. built under the
house.....it was great having him and his ever watchful dog there. He never was intrusive in any way and your privacy guaranteed the way this home is designed.
" I believe there's Magic here...."
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Chudali has a caretaker apartment under the house. One website says there is an onsite caretaker living there; the main site says there MIGHT be someone there. If you are interested in this one I suggest you email the owners and ask about the time frame you are interested in.

It's a beautiful villa with a glorious view, btw. Location is a little unclear, but I think it's in south Coral Bay, up the mountain behind Calabash Boom.

http://www.chudali.com/Chudali.html
seagrape

Post by seagrape »

It's nice to hear that people are open to that. We are building our larger house next to our cottage and plan to have that type of setup in the future. The houses are private from one another, but the pool is shared. As owners, we wouldn't use the pool when guests are at the house. Good luck with your search!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Chez Shell has an on-site caretaker.
---Jim
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Check out Orion's Hill http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/orions-hill/

While it is not obvious from the property description, I understand from reviews that the owner's house is on the same property. I have not stayed there, but have stayed nearby and can say that they are absolutely not kidding about that view!
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

If a 1 BR with pullout couch and next door studio would work for you, consider Sugar Bird Nest and Dreams together. It could offer each some privacy, and it would come in far under budget. They share an outside deck space so you would still feel like a group. It's especially good if you're an animal lover, the caretaker Lee has 1 dog and 2 cats that make frequent visits.

@Seagrape- We prefer to have caretakers around also. We feel safer, and we love meeting locals. I think there are people who definitely seek out these places, as Petepie is. I would love to hear about your place once it's completed.
Tickerless :(
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

I second Villa Adeste in Coral bay. My husband and I stayed there April of 2012 and had a wonderful stay. We paid $2100/week for the 2 of us but house can sleep 6. Charlie and his wife Chris were great host, they live in apartment below pool deck of house. Charlie greeted us and showed us the house but we really didn't see/hear them the entire week. The power went out once while we were not at the house but the water pump didn't come back on, we gave him a call and he had it back on with 1/2hr. I left a review on VRBO, would love to stay again.