Francis Bay Today

Travel discussion for St. John
psufan

Francis Bay Today

Post by psufan »

Just loaded Tapatalk so this is an experiment. We have been here since Sunday, staying at Coconuts. We have been having a great vacation with our "kids". Started with an announcement by our daughter and her boyfriend that they are engaged!

Anyway, I wanted to share this picture if I can manage to get it loaded. We had a fantastic snorkel at Francis today. The water clarity was great and the 2 hour snorkel was capped by an extended encounter with this guy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370628332.392590.jpg
islandjo2010

Re: Francis Bay Today

Post by islandjo2010 »

Now that's what I want to see next week! Awesome pic...thanks for sharing and congrats on your daughter's engagement!!!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Congratulations! Great photo too!
burgec

Post by burgec »

Wow, great pic. Have never been fortunate enough to catch one of those guys out and about. Was this middle of the day or perhaps early or late in the day as the light is lower.
psufan

Post by psufan »

It was taken mid-morning today. We had periods of brilliant sun and some clouds including a brief rain shower. The picture was taken with a GoPro camera. We had the fortune of seeing one on a previous trip but it was in its "home". This one was out and about and obviously quite disturbed by our presence. We saw him turn colors often including almost pure white. Snorkeling today was like swimming in an aquarium. Lots of fish and activity. Francis is one of my favorites.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Lucky you and congratulations.
Beach Creecher
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Should be seeing you soon!
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

cool pic and congratulations on the engagement from a fellow Pennsylvanian :D
psufan

Post by psufan »

Thanks for the congrats. We are definitely excited. Wedding tentatively planned for State College. Should be fun.
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Wow... you sure know how to throw one hell of an engagement party! Congrats to the happy couple!
Great shot! I hope to run into one of these guys out in the open like this! I was watching a series on the discovery channel the other night and these guys have such an amazing ability to blend with their environment. Truly a scientific wonder!

HAVE FUN!!