Very Sad Times

Travel discussion for St. John
CallmeT

Very Sad Times

Post by CallmeT »

Well it looks like I will have to enjoy St John through all of you great people on this forum. My son and I will not be making the trip that was planned in May. My boyfriend had made the decision to break up. Now I need to focus on getting a place to live, possible quit college to get a job. This puts me in a very hard situation as I took care of both of our kids while being an adult college student. But on the bright side, I am a three year cancer survivor so this will not keep me down!

Please keep your trip reports coming and you beautiful pictures. I promise myself and my son we will make it back to paradise at some point in the distant future.
Laura T

Re: Very Sad Times

Post by Laura T »

I am sorry you are going through a difficult time. Just remember...St. John isn't going anywhere! It will be there when you are ready and able to make the trip. I hope that time comes soon for you.
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Sorry to hear that!

I wanted to visit STJ for years, but as a single dad I couldn't afford it. Years later when the kids were grown and I had remarried, we began visiting the Island.

Hang in there! Time has a way of fixing things.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Sorry that you can't make it happen, but at least you have the forum to continue to see people's pictures and trip reports to more ideas for next visit!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
CallmeT

Post by CallmeT »

Thank you all for your very kind words. I will get back on feet and I look forward to visiting St. John to make new memories one day for sure.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Please keep your positive attitude, you know you are already a winner and you will make it through this too. You will make the trip happen someday.
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

You are in my prayers and you will come through victorious. Where do you live? I would like to stay in touch with you, email me at equineannie@gmail.com, God bless!
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

I have had to waittenyears to make my second visit. Your time will come.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

That is so sad, but I admire you for being a good mom and being single minded in finishing your degree. That is something no one can take from you!!! You go girl!!!