Check out this St. John Wedding Agenda!

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

While I did not have a web site, I had an hour by hour agenda for our families and wedding party starting at the rehearsal dinner and ending at the after party after the reception. I even told them how many hours of sleep to get :oops:
Thank God they all were good sports about it. I was a little insane. :twisted:
Mango

Post by Mango »

We'll be on island during that week. :shock: Glad I saw the itinerary so we know where to avoid!
PA Girl

stunned

Post by PA Girl »

I am a manic travel planner and I have experienced my own wedding planning process. Their website has left me stunned.
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Jerseyboy wrote:Pretty impressive site but where's the contingency plan in case of a hurricane??
I'm sure they'll add that link soon...... :roll:

IMO, over-planning can lead to disaster... roll with da flow usually works better.
Anthony
Site Admin

Is it just me...

Post by Anthony »

I have to play the skeptic here - is this whole thing for real?? Or some excellent guerilla marketing cooked up by Caneel Bay?
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
scrumblin

the "planned" wedding

Post by scrumblin »

I for one admire their organizational skills! We have been to St. John for years with various relatives, friends, and acquaintances. We are always amazed how some people become like sheep, following you around, when you know where you are going and they don't. I would always say, " we are going to this restaurant or that beach, and you are welcome to join us or do your own thing." Guess what? Not everyone likes doing the research...we were rarely alone!
I bet most of the people attending that wedding will be glad to have a social schedule, a chance to mingle on an extremely casual level, and a good idea of what to expect. (How bad can a pre-planned day trip to Jost and pig roast at Caneel be? Lord I wish someone would make that plan for me!) I'm sure the more adventurous of them will find plenty of opportunity and time to enjoy their own interests and own space as well.
Steve S

Re: Is it just me...

Post by Steve S »

Anthony wrote:I have to play the skeptic here - is this whole thing for real?? Or some excellent guerilla marketing cooked up by Caneel Bay?
Good eye Anthony. I saw the little video that didn't link off to Caneel but stayed resident on the the wedding site. Hmmmm. Perhaps a poll is in order?
Jerseyboy

Re: Is it just me...

Post by Jerseyboy »

Anthony wrote:I have to play the skeptic here - is this whole thing for real?? Or some excellent guerilla marketing cooked up by Caneel Bay?
I'm still not sure. The domain name is registered under the Web designer (not Caneel), their Gift Registries looks real, and they live in the Washington, DC area. If this is truly legit and not related to Caneel Bay, they put out a whole lot of personal info out on the Web. I hope someone is watching their house in late October.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

trust me, as someone who is planning a wedding right now, I think this is totally real. I'm trying to keep mine low key but the weddings today are being planned like the Oscars or something! It's gotten a little crazy.

If you ever want to entertain yourself visit the message boards of theknot.com
brides to be create bio's of their plans and some of them are not to be believed!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Confirmed - it's real.
The wedding planner I spoke to knows the couple and said she was very impressed with the site and wants to hire them! It really does accomplish it's objectives, you have to admit. Once you accept the fact that this is the way things are done now, it's pretty useful information for everyone to have at their fingertips. The schedule or the number of events isn't unusual for a destination event.
We wish them well!
-Ruth
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

StJohnRuth wrote:Confirmed - it's real.
-Ruth
Thanks for the confirmation, Ruth. Good luck to them!