I need professional help...

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Post by RickG »

Wow, you wear your shoes out fast. I've brought the same single pair of Tevas on the last four trips - well amortized.

My tropical travel gear is pretty well broken in. I use the amount of white in my beard as an indicator of the trip, rather than what I'm wearing.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

RickG wrote:Wow, you wear your shoes out fast. I've brought the same single pair of Tevas on the last four trips - well amortized.
Huh...we have to wear them out before we get new ones? Please man.
RickG

Post by RickG »

flip-flop wrote:
RickG wrote:Wow, you wear your shoes out fast. I've brought the same single pair of Tevas on the last four trips - well amortized.
Huh...we have to wear them out before we get new ones? Please man.
My oldest must have 20 pairs of shoes. I don't get it. My 10 year old is more like me, "Dad, these shoes are too small again! These are my favorite St. John Tevas! What am I going to wear in March!" The kids do bring their riding shoes on island and blue jeans.

Cheers, Rick
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Was it the younger or older who was 5 mos old on a trip to STJ? Just curious as my #2 will be 10 months old ... almost when we go.

I can't imagine having a 10 year old, though I am half way there.

Girls are natures way of punishing you dads for all your youthful misbehavior.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I must of been a good kid I only have boy's
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

You guys are too funny!

I must confess, five pairs of flip flops, running shoes and fins are all currently in my carry-on (ONLY) bag. There are clothes in there, too. No "tiny" sundresses though- but that's funny! I'll admit, I had to practice pack but so far between that and the tote bag, I am set with room to spare (which means I can buy things- hehe). I am worried about the zip-loc bursting, though. I like my shampoo and conditioner- hopefully TSA understands that.

Thanks again! I'd fit all of you into my carry-on, too, if I could!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm with you, Vicki and Obsessed. I have everything packed and ready to go in my carryon too. I am also in pre-trip freak-out mode, though. I did so much early planning that now I feel like I'm forgetting something.
I better start packing my kids things now ... they are staying with my sister. Oh, so much to do, but it's so exciting! :D
Image[/url]
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We're going on a road trip to a more local beach locale for Memorial day week & I swear that is more dangerous. I think ... I have the WHOLE car to fill! And even a roof thing to fill.

I think I am going to start packing now!
RickG

Post by RickG »

flip-flop wrote:Was it the younger or older who was 5 mos old on a trip to STJ? Just curious as my #2 will be 10 months old ... almost when we go.

I can't imagine having a 10 year old, though I am half way there.

Girls are natures way of punishing you dads for all your youthful misbehavior.
We took my younges when she was 5 months old; she is turning 10 in a few weeks. I've got one getting ready to start driving, too!

Cheers, RickG
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Start the diving early...before they are old enough to realize its insane! That was my problem. Just could not get through my mental block. That is until I found Colette.
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

kygirl wrote:I did so much early planning that now I feel like I'm forgetting something.
:D
That is exactly my feeling. I know too much! :)

Flip- I know what you mean about the car trips... it's like having all that car space means you have to fill it! Insane.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:43 am.