More teaser pictures - underwater

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

More teaser pictures - underwater

Post by California Girl »

As I go through my pictures editing them, sometimes I'm really impressed with myself - LOL! I just have to share some of my underwater pictures with you. I've had a couple of dismal experiences with "cardboard" cameras, so this time I got myself a Canon SD400 and what they call an "All Weather Case". It's only good underwater to 10 feet, but I'll never get deeper than that unless I get a weight belt.

So enjoy my feeble attempts at underwater photography :D All of these pictures have been processed using Adobe Photoshop.

Cowfish - left side of Maho Bay

Elkhorn Coral and Silversides at Lovongo Cay

Parrot Fish - Solomon

Silversides and [you guys name the big silver fish] at Trunk Cay

Last edited by California Girl on Mon May 14, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Silversides and [you guys name the big silver fish] at Trunk Cay
I'll call him Freddie .. Freddie the Fish!

Great pic's Cali Girl! Can you come over and teach me how to use my Photoshop Elements????
California Girl

Mary Beth, I'd be happy to give you a few little tips that will make you amazed at what you can do with a photo. I'll e-mail you ;)

P.S. Freddie! That's so cute! :lol:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Very nice pictures CG!

I got one of those cases for my Canon too and will be using it for the first time very soon. :D
patr

Post by patr »

"feeble attempt" ????

I think those pics are quite impressive!

Thanks for sharing, please keep 'em coming!
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

CG - Just incredible. I am so impressed. I loved swimming with those silverslide fish. They were everywhere and I didn't feel them at all. I still can't believe the dolphin experience you guys had. I couldn't wait to tell Brad. He was amazed! By the way, I would had never guessed your age. You and Rick look great!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am pretty sure that the big silver fish is a yellowtail snapper. Yum, dinner!! :D

Nice photos! John got me photoshop for my birthday but I have not put it on the computer yet. If you have any quick tips for a clueless person, please pass them on!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

Thanks everyone! Liamsaunt - I e-mailed you some Photoshop tips.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

liamsaunt wrote:John got me photoshop for my birthday but I have not put it on the computer yet. If you have any quick tips for a clueless person, please pass them on!
I'll send you an email re: Photoshop.
California Girl

Jerseyboy wrote: I'll send you an email re: Photoshop.
I'm most happy to help. Maybe I should post the tips on a separate thread for everyone?
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Very nice, CG!! Very nice! You do have an eye underwater! Thanks for sharing, is there an album out there with all of the pix on it so we can enjoy a longer show?

Thanks again!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

California Girl

I'm in the process of editing over 800 photos and will post them on pBase as soon as I can. Give me a week or so. :) Thanks for the kind words.
suzi

Post by suzi »

Hey!!! I saw Freddie, too!!!! I am sure it was him!
parafins

Lavongo cay..

Post by parafins »

California Girl,You snorkeled lavongo Cay?Did you like it?Parafins.. :D
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
California Girl

Re: Lavongo cay..

parafins wrote:California Girl,You snorkeled lavongo Cay?Did you like it?Parafins.. :D
I would say that Lovango Cay was the best snorkeling of the entire trip. The water was super clear and there's tons of coral and other things out there. We saw a baby Hawksbill turtle (but I didn't get a picture of him - darn!) and many very cool things. Capt. Phil was great about pointing things out and explaining stuff to us. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!