Private Villa in St John (or another nice island)

Travel discussion for St. John
Cristen

Private Villa in St John (or another nice island)

Post by Cristen »

My husband and I are looking to visit St John from March 3-10, 2007. We are looking for a NICE private villa with a pool, outdoor shower, and grill to cookout on. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice place that is less than $3,000/week?

We were looking at Casa Contant and Little Plantation. Please let me know if you've seen or heard anything about these villas.

Thank you! :D
Cristen
jdbcypresstx

Post by jdbcypresstx »

Take a look at the villa Palladio's View at

http://www.palladiosview.com/

It seems to meet your needs and budget. We are staying there in October and will have more information about it when we get back.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I did some research on Casa Contant a few months ago when I was searching for a villa for our trip next May. I have some interesting stuff I can share with you, but I'm at work right now and it's on my computer at home. I'll post it here later this evening.

In a nutshell, it's a lovely villa, recently redecorated and has great views. The only drawback for me was the fact that the owner lives in an apartment downstairs. Even so, it's still supposed to be a pretty private villa, but I wanted to be far away from everyone and that was just a little too close for me.

As I said, I'll post more info later tonight. Hope this helps!
:)
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

You might want to look at Sea Wind (http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/sea-wind/index.html). We stayed there last May and the place was very nice. The villa is fully air-conditioned – which was very nice, because it was unusually hot for that time of year. I did a villa report that you might want to read.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Cristen

Thanks for your villa suggestions!

Post by Cristen »

I think we are going to stay at Livin Villa in St. John. It's a nice 1 bedroom, which is perfect as there are only 2 of us going.

Has anyone seen or heard about this villa?

Thanks again! :lol:
Cristen
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Livin looks like a good choice. I've looked at this villa and Island Dreams (I think it's sister property) and thought they looks really great for 2 people. My husband and I rarely get to come down alone but I keep them in mind if we ever can sneek down just the two of us.

Be sure to write a trip report and tell us about the villa and your trip when you get back. Actually if you take your laptop you could do a real time trip report as I think the house has internet access. :D
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Cristen - I see you've already chosen another villa, but as promised, here's the info on Casa Contant. Maybe someone else can benefit from it.

Several years ago Casa Contant was a bit run down, but the owner has done a nice job in fixing it up recently. It has new paint inside & out, new furnishings and a new deck. As you know, there is an apartment downstairs, but there really isn't much noise from the apartment with the exception of maybe hearing some voices in the driveway now and then if the apartment has visitors. The man who owns Casa Contant was one of the very first renters, and he always rented Casa Contant until he decided to buy it. His wife passed away (I'm not sure when, but recently, I think) and he decided to move into the apartment. The house and pool and grounds are completely separate and private from the apartment. I asked if it was "skinny dipping private" and was told it is.

The house is older and not fancy. It's clean and well kept now, but the kitchen cabinets are an older style and some of the tile in the patio is "dated" (a 70's rust color) and things like that. I don't care what color the tile is, I'd only be renting it for a week, but I guess a lot of people really care about stuff like that. The price is certainly great, and if you're not into a "luxury villa" but one that is clean and comfortable, then Casa Contant is the perfect little house.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Cristen,
Did you decide to stay at Livin'? I'd like to know what you learn or think about it. Thanks!