abbrev reports

Travel discussion for St. John
papabou

abbrev reports

Post by papabou »

must change report format from daily novel to few quick highlights. i assure you mack and i had some good stuff on monday, but lost 2 attempts to post when clicked on submit last night.
some quick highlites:
cruz bay is noisy in morning and mack looked like crap both mornings due to lack of sleep so he says. north shore surf not as bad as expected but water clarity unacceptable. hansen bay not bad, fairly clam and clear but surprised as to lack of marine life. maybe fishes hiding? smoothies stand still offers free rum with full priced smoothie and hostess remembered us from july. though she admitted when asked during service request, we knew immediately when she ducked below counter as we rolled out of casket grey jeep. how did she know, we had a puke green one in july?
biggest shock of day was when we checked out hart bay for a snorkel. applied physics didn't work, i've never seen hart bay so rough, major wave activity. yet chocolate hole next door calm as can be through you have to deal with the blight on the defunct pond bay dev. to get to ch hole beach.
back to joes rh for happy hr and the painkillers worked. went around to tour bth to check on little winker pia. i suspected something as i approached since person manning booth (can a woman man or should i have said "womaning the booth?) was clearly not pia. when i told her politely "your not pia" she responded in an authoritative voice that i was right. i believe she was trying to move us along in hope of real customer. ok pia where are you? who will validate our hall passes?
back to joe's rh for dinner of mahi sandwich, barely acceptable. don't know if bad fish, poor prep or there way of saying don't come back. well we'll be back for $3 painkiller tonight but may try the new cr bay landing tonite. stopped and chatted with new owner and checked out the menu. nice guy and mack and i both approved the new cruz bay entre from ferry dock of redone park and cb landing.
maybe more later, mack's has his black body suit with royal blue racing stripe on, trying to figure out how to put on his lovely yellow life jacket, and has cleaned his mask. i told him a little too soon for mask since it would fog up if he put on before we got in the cgrey jeep with ac.
more later.
papabou
News of St. John

Re: abbrev reports

Post by News of St. John »

Keep the posts coming ... so entertaining!
Jenn, News of St. John
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Loved the short version.... sorry about the longer ones not going through. You are quite funny!
Hopefully the winds will calm and water will settle out. We arrive Saturday and I'd like my 74 year old mother's first snorkel to be clear enough to see!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Sorry the snorkeling isn't up to par, but enjoying your report.