Villa help- Belvedere or Inn Love

Travel discussion for St. John
CHM

Villa help- Belvedere or Inn Love

Post by CHM »

Has anyone stayed recently at Belvedere or Inn Love? We have 3 couples and would like a pool and AC in the bedrooms. We prefer the Cruz Bay side of the island. We have stayed in upscale (Virgin Grand) villas the last few years, but this year we would like to spend less money on the villa and more money on boat days. We have stayed at Inn Love, but it has been a while (2006).thanks in advance. You guys have never failed me on a villa recommendation!
Wanda Creech

Re: Villa help- Belvedere or Inn Love

Post by Wanda Creech »

Stayed at Beledere many years ago. Great location and the view is wonderful.
Bedrooms are a good size. THe one bedroom upstairs has a tiny balcony and
that would be the only view from that room. The problem I had was it gets very
hot on the deck without shade. Not sure if they ever put an awning or roof and
one of the bedrooms there was water on the floor from the ac every night. Ask
about that. I have seen that as a problem with others. I think both of the other
bedrooms had outside showers that were nice. The best is the view.
Beach Creecher
KTinTX

Post by KTinTX »

I can't speak for Inn Love, but we stayed at Belvedere with our young teens back in 2010. Views of the water and St. Thomas are very nice. The villa is older and it did show. We had water on the floors every night from the A/C. Not a huge deal but slippery and messy if you had your bag on that side of room. The main house bedroom is upstairs, and that bathroom leaked into the floor below when the shower was running. Kitchen utensils and equipment weren't in the best shape, and if you planned on cooking a lot then it would have been a challenge. If the owners have done some major upgrades and refurb then you would probably be ok. It's not on our list to return to, though.

Oh, and with three couples you might have parking issues depending upon how many vehicles you rent. Two jeeps would be a squeeze if memory serves.
KT
CHM

Post by CHM »

Thank you so much! It sounds like unless Belvedere has had recent renovations, I need to keep looking. Thanks again for the help. Our June trip can't get here fast enough!
malok

Post by malok »

We rented Belvedere last winter. Villa itself is ok. They installed a new gas stove and there was no issue with water either from the AC or upstairs. Landscaping and pool area could use some TLC but overall the villa was in good condition. Great view on the edge of the bluff. Ohter villas we have rented on the island were Orchid Villa and Argonauta. If I rate each of those a 10 then Belvedere would be a 7.
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

We stayed in Belvedere twice... 2010 and 2008. It was definitely "tired" but the views are great. I highly recommend Aurora. The bedrooms are a little older, but the great room, kitchen and outdoor areas are terrific. And the views of St. Thomas can't be beat.
CHM

Post by CHM »

Thank you all!
Chardonnay

Post by Chardonnay »

I was really hoping to get some feedback on Inn Love - my husband and I are the new owners. We are continuing to make improvements and hope to be as popular as Coconuts one day! :) If you haven't been to Inn Love ( recently re-named to Villa Solare ) since 2006 you'll find many improvements including an enclosed the living area and remodeled kitchen and bathrooms. In the fall, we'll be remodeling the deck and pool area. Additional information is available on our website http://www.villasolare.com and http://www.vrbo.com/466293 . Let us know if you need additional info.
CHM

Post by CHM »

Chardonnay: Personally, I thought Inn Love was awesome in 2006 and I have enjoyed seeing photos of your improvements. The layout of the villa and location is awesome. It is always on my villa list. The only negative I have ever read is that the trees can grow too tall and block the view. But that was before you purchased the villa. I think your renovations are fabulous! I can't wait to stay at your villa again!
Chardonnay

Post by Chardonnay »

Funny you should mention the trees, CHM...on our first week staying in the villa, after only 3 days, I called the gardener and pointed out all the limbs hiding our view! The next day, there were men with machetes chopping away to get the view back!