Renewing Vows

Travel discussion for St. John
PantherIA

Renewing Vows

Post by PantherIA »

Hello everyone. I have been a regular reader of the board, but am a first time poster. We (a few of couples) will be making our fifth annual return to St John later in January. We have a new couple that is joining us and they would like to renew their vows. They want to keep it simple, no officiant or photographer. Just us on a beach. I was thinking about the beaches we might do it at and wanted to get your advice. We were planning on doing it in the late afternoon. Ideally the beach is deserted or close to it. What do you think of Denis? I have only ever been to Denis by water, but understand that their is a trail to get there by foot. It sounds like it is a pretty easy hike. Also, I have heard that there is an older gentleman that lives in one of the houses bordering the beach that can get a little feisty. Anyone have experience with that? I understand that all St. John beaches are public, so the only question is getting there and it sounds like the trail is public as well.

I would appreciate any advice people have on Denis or any other beach they would recommend.

Thank you.
DonnaM

Re: Renewing Vows

Post by DonnaM »

The trail is pretty heavily wooded and rocky. Not overly difficult but not something I would do wearing decent clothing and shoes! Jumbie was an easy walk down steps IIRC.
augie

Post by augie »

Donna is correct. Not only that, Dennis tends to be a pretty windy beach compared to most of the others on the north shore.

Gibney might be a good option.
Come see us!
Anne Marie Porter

Post by Anne Marie Porter »

re-marryyourmate.com
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Ann Marie, do you have any suggestions on locations?
longingstjohn

Post by longingstjohn »

we were on island in early december. had the pleasure of renewing our vows. we used anne marie's services. she made it a very special part of our trip. we did the ceremony at our villa, but i would listen to anne marie's ideas of which locations might work.
good luck, i can't imagine it not being a wonderful experience.
brian.
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

My first thought when I read late afternoon was OH NO, BUGS! they could certainly put a damper on a romantic event.
LovetoTravel

Post by LovetoTravel »

Anne Marie did our wedding 10 years ago. LOVE HER!!
PantherIA

Post by PantherIA »

Thanks for the input, everyone. It will help make their day special.