St. John Arrival & The Gatehouse at Peter Bay (slideshow

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Loved the slides, thank you! Looks absolutely gorgeous. I'd be excited about the bats -- they eat lots of mosquitos, right?
RickG

Post by RickG »

Love the photos, keep the good stuff coming.

Cheers, Rick
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I love the gatehouse........I wanted to buy it and turn the lower level into a pilates studio and live upstars......
Then I thought so many people would not drive out to get lessons..........so have to rethink
Thank you for the slide show, it made me sooooo happy to know I will be on island in a little more then 3 months.
Too bad you could not do music like Jeff and Russ do, should ask them how for next time....
I think slideshows are cool
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Beautiful...I just keep looking at the slide show. I'm planning a trip in 2008 for a "big" birthday and need a place for me and hubby and my sister and her hubby - this looks perfect!! Thanks for sharing with us.
Robin in NC

Post by Robin in NC »

Enjoyable report! Slide show was a nice surprise, and I can see why so many people love the Peter Bay area...

Robin
BasUR

Post by BasUR »

Loved the slideshow. Beautiful pictures. It looks like ya'll had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

kellyanna wrote:LSU Beach Tiger, From what you could see, did it look as though the bottom unit would have a good view as well?
The bottom unit I believe has a good view. The whole unit is raised very high of the ground. I am sure the upper unit has a better one though. The good thing though about the bottom unit is that it has a full size kitchen & may be larger in size.
LSU Beach Tiger

kellyanna wrote:LSU Beach Tiger, From what you could see, did it look as though the bottom unit would have a good view as well?
Here are some pics from Destination St. John website

The peach/taupe unit is the upper & the green is the lower unit. Looks like the lower unit has good views.

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/gatehouse.htm
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

It does have a nice view. I looked at the availability and the top unit is booked more, but it is good to know that the bottom unit would suffice! Thank you!
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Kellyanna: Staying in the bottom unit would not give you as much privacy when out on your deck, which is most of the time. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

hmmmm. Good point. Can you see the lower unit people on their deck from above? Was wondering how visible it was. I don't mind people watching me enjoying the view and a beverage---esspecially for that view! So if I were on the lower level outside on the deck, would it be a glimpse or a full on view of me?
Betty

Post by Betty »

All I can say is WOW!!!!, great slide show, and report, thank you for taking the time to share it with us! :D

P.S. Someone has an artistic eye for photography!
LSU Beach Tiger

kellyanna wrote:hmmmm. Good point. Can you see the lower unit people on their deck from above? Was wondering how visible it was. I don't mind people watching me enjoying the view and a beverage---esspecially for that view! So if I were on the lower level outside on the deck, would it be a glimpse or a full on view of me?
I could only see the bottom deck if I stood at the rail and bent over.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Nice pictures! What a great view!
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Thanks for the great slide show that reminded me of my fabulous stay at the Gatehouse back in October. We stayed in the lower unit with luckily no one above us. The only difference is the lower has a bigger kitchen & covered deck. The view looks exactly the same! FABULOUS!
I heard about the bats but never encountered them during our stay.
Thanks again for stirring up great memories! 8)
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]