Ticker check and just back from mega-Atlantis

Travel discussion for St. John
MadCityMom

Ticker check and just back from mega-Atlantis

Post by MadCityMom »

Time for a ticker check! We are T-30 days until wheels up for 8 nights, nine nights! Woo hoo!

We just returned from a 3 night/4 day award trip my husband won to Atlantis in the Bahamas and not to be ungrateful but we knew right away we wouldn't go back there. The resort is just massive with thousands of guests. Once you go to St John and the peaceful secluded beaches there is just no comparison. We didn't even sit on the beach. It was red flag conditions and didn't appeal to me. Granted there are tons of things to do with the kids (this was an adults only trip) and the aquariums and sea life are pretty cool, but if I wanted slides and lazy rivers and massive crowds I'd go to a water park in the Wisconsin Dells. And the food was mediocre at best.

I'm grateful of course for a few days out of the snow and into the sun alone with my hubby, but ready for the REAL vacation to begin! :D
Muhaha

Re: Ticker check and just back from mega-Atlantis

Post by Muhaha »

I'm with ya on that. Atlantis just seems exhausting. Funny though that all of the commercials show a barely inhabited beach, but the shots of the night club are packed. Marketing at it's finest.

But award trips are good no matter what and where. We are taking one in May to Four Seasons in Nevis, but we are extending by several days to make our way up to the VI's.
MadCityMom

Re: Ticker check and just back from mega-Atlantis

Post by MadCityMom »

Muhaha, Four Seasons at Nevis sounds great! Never been but sounds better than Atlantis! Have fun.