Trip Report - Sailing March 8-15 2014

Travel discussion for St. John
cindygad

Re: Trip Report - Sailing March 8-15 2014

Post by cindygad »

Thanks for sharing. I have always loved your island trip reports and enjoy hearing about the sailing trips. Goodluck on your purchase.
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Haven't heard too much about Scrub Island, but it sounds legitimately fancy. That's too bad. One of my favorite memories from my honeymoon was Happy Hour on to of Marina Cay listening to Beans and then dinghying over to Scrub Island for dinner at Donovan's Reef.

I'm not much of a sailor but reading your post is definitely giving me the bug again.
RickG

Post by RickG »

crasherino, the crowd at Scrub Island was pretty standoffish. Folks were not mixing and the staff were definitely more interesting than the guests. I think its a decent place to stay, especially if its warm and you have dock air.

Sailing is the best way to get to and wake up at the fun spots. Bean is at Leverick and Virgin Gorda North Sound is a wonderful place, so very different from other areas in the BVI and USVI.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

That was fun 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Awesome report!
Rick, I am more than envious, but just as happy for you. I sure wish I was able to experience what you're giving your family when I was growing up.
Must be awesome to just shoot around and see whatever you want whenever you like.
Again, so happy for you & the girls! Sounds like the beginning of a whole new life (style), congrats!
Smiles-
MJ