Quality Produce and Specialty Food on STT

Travel discussion for St. John
tropicdawg

Quality Produce and Specialty Food on STT

Post by tropicdawg »

Hello Forumites! We are trying something different this year and have rented a jeep through Amalie. We are cooler people and will be bringing our favorite proteins along, we are thinking of doing our supplemental shopping on STT. Let me just say we are a little spoiled when it comes to fresh vegetables and gourmet snacks :oops: ; however, we will also be needing basics like bread, peanut butter, yogurt and BEER. While my husband is totally comfortable driving on STJ, he is a little apprehensive about the traffic on STT and prefers we stop just once on the way to the car ferry so what is the best "one place" to get it all on STT?
Image[/img]
gmanka

Re: Quality Produce and Specialty Food on STT

Post by gmanka »

Driving on STT is no big deal. Less hills and switchbacks. Traffic is also not a problem but I drive rush hour every day in Mpls. That said I would stop at Cost U Less. Not far out of Charlotte on the way to Red Hook. Kind of like a Costco but no membership. We have purchased food for much of the next 2 weeks. We have even bought a styrofoam cooler(about $6 ) and filled it with food needed to keep cold. Then catch the car ferry to STJ. Beer, chips, basics etc are a much better deal there than on stj.
loria

Post by loria »

fruits and vegies? some swear by the fruit basket in STT
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

For quality produce I feel fruit Bowl :
http://www.thefruitbowlvi.com/Pages/default.aspx

will give you the best selection.

Costuless certainly can cover a lot of your needs but one stop shopping in STT is rarely successful.
Fruit Bowl with a stop at Plaza Extra could probably cover your "quality produce and specialty foods" list the best.
loria

Post by loria »

whoops thanks Exit Zero.... got my containers screwed up! i did mean fruit bowl.....

we have market basket up here...guess that was in my brain too.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

I'm not sure where Wheatly Center is located...could someone help ? :oops:

Thanks, Sherry :)
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

Lets see if this works, Google map of Wheatley Center on ST Thomas. Just across from McDonalds.
https://www.google.com/maps/@18.3382482 ... a=!3m1!1e3