Coral Bay Marina

Travel discussion for St. John
Coconuts

Re: Coral Bay Marina

Post by Coconuts »

I headed over to Suite 104 at the Legislative Building about 12:40 PM today, but either I dawdled too long over my burger at Driftwood Dave's, or I underestimated just how quickly two guys could vote "Yea" on two proposals and then gavel their meeting to a close; the meeting had just concluded when I arrived. Both the land and water development proposals were approved. Everybody that I know here thinks that is horrible, another Pond Bay affair where somebody will make a bunch of money, and the island will be saddled with a half finished mess. Just because CZM has signed on, however, doesn't mean that there aren't other, more challenging hurdles to be overcome before Coral Bay begins to ring with the clanging of pile drivers.

All the best,

Kevin
loria

Post by loria »

a fiasco at best.... now it is on to the Army Corps or engineers.... i hope that they have some sense..... US FWS did not-- they granted these folks B.I.G. grant..... -- so your federal tax dollars going to a bunch of crooks. This marina is too big, not well placed and has so many bad aspects (read the proposal -- the principals link to their own linked in pages as proof of their 'experience' it's laughable! (oh and one...the link goes nowhere.......)
if any of you works for the federal government has connections in DOI, EPA, NPS or anything..... please help CBCC in their mobilization.....
yeah, coral bay needs a marina ..... not this one.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

off island millionaires--check....corrupt politicians--check...Grand Bay II coming to Coral Bay..I hope not! Everyone is for pump-out and sewage treatment and fresh water and trash pick-up ....That better happen before some "group"starts harrassing the local boating folks with empty promises and "fees". I remember Coral bay after Hugo....That part of the harbour is Wide Open to the ocean and the marina will destroyed...Then what?? This huge project belongs in
cruz bay
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

The following was posted on Coral Bay summers end discussion FB page. It provides a summary of where things stand at this point.

I know most of you are anxious to hear what is happening as we fight to save Coral Bay from irresponsible development. We took one day off to catch our breath, and then a small group of dedicated fighters met today to plan our next steps. In the coming days you'll see several action campaigns:

-> We know we need financial resources, and we'll be putting together an organized fund raising campaign so everyone can contribute whatever they can afford. There's strength in numbers, and we certainly have the numbers. Watch this group for the details.

-> We're analyzing the legalities of what has happened so far, and the correct steps to take moving forward. Needless to say we won't be fully open with these strategies but rest assured we are getting the right legal and expert resources to accomplish our goals.

-> We know that the federal reviews are a multi-year process, and we intend to make sure that no corners are cut. We already have top notch advisors on board who are thoroughly familiar with Fish and Wildlife, Environmental Protection, and Army Corps processes. We're on it. Totally.