Taking the leap from STT to STJ - Blue Bitch?

Travel discussion for St. John
Connie

Taking the leap from STT to STJ - Blue Bitch?

Post by Connie »

We have been to STT many many times. We also go over to StJ, but have never stayed there.

I have had this dream of staying at Blue Bitch on STJ. The reviews are excellent. Just nervous about making the move.

I need some assurance :).

I like the idea of that small beach and snorkeling right there if we wanted to. I know nothing about the location at all.

Help?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
jerseygirl062

Re: Taking the leap from STT to STJ - Blue Bitch?

Post by jerseygirl062 »

That looks like a gorgeous villa. Haven't stayed there but stayed in two simple small homes in the East End and Salt Pond area and in over 20 years of trips to STJ they were my favorites.
There is something special about the private location and closeness to the sea that's totally relaxing (and romantic)
Give it a try -I bet you'll love it-and if not STT is just a ferry ride away.
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

Dear Connie,
Have no worries about the Bluebitch. You will find it to be a dream come true. I'm not saying I like it but I have my time period rental booked for the rest of my life.
The little beach does have very fine snorkeling and the BB provides snorkeling equipment for you to use. A lot of times you will see a dive boat tour doing their thing about 100 yards off the shore.
The location is private and quiet, yet only 5 minutes to Cruz Bay. If you know where the Starfish Market or the first gas station out of town is, you take a right at the basketball courts. You go up the hill two hundred feet and a sign on the right will say "Bluebitch". You follow the signs down to oceans edge and there will be the Bluebitch.
The owners Ann and Albion are the most wonderful people. Always there to help and answer any questions but never intrusive. They want you to be happy.
If you have any questions for me to answer, just ask me....Al
Bushwacker

Post by Bushwacker »

The dates didn't work out for my next visit (they stay pretty booked up), but Ann was the sweetest, most responsive person that I've dealt with over there while I was trying to figure it all out.

I would choose staying there in a heartbeat, and have it high on my list for visit #3.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thank you. I guess I better book it soon. The daughter of a girl I worked with stayed there for her honeymoon and raved about it and it's been on my mind since.

I even like the idea that you can rent a car right there! How convenient is that. It's going to be my 60th and I know I want this as a present :D
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I can't speak about Blue Bitch because I've never been there. STT vs. STJ? Yes I can. There are many members on this forum who love STT and would not consider staying on STJ. That's great for them. There are many who feel the opposite way. One is not "right" and the other "wrong" in general. There is a right and wrong for each family or individual. You'll have to determine which is better for you.

You've seen the costs, so I won't recap that. The big difference to us is the density of activity on STT when compared to STJ. STT is much more urban, industrialized, and busier than STJ. STJ is much more like a park. We would rather go to the park for our vacation. Let's face it. There are people who would rather go to New York City, Chicago or Miami Beach for their vacation. That's great for them. I'll take STJ. Let us know which way you go.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Well we're staying at Bluebitch for 8 nights starting this Tue. I must say that we're very excited to get this opportunity! We'll keep you posted.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Beach, please let me know it went. I have a bucket list and STJ and Blue Bitch is on it.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

Connie, my response to your inquiry was returned as "Mail Delivery Failed."
Please resend email address. Thanks so much. Ann
Connie

Post by Connie »

Sanka,my email is itsconnie@aol.com. Thanks!
bill

Post by bill »

My husband and I stayed at BlueBitch 2 years ago. Cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay. The location is perfect. Very close to town and yet you feel like you are miles away. It's like having your very own piece of paradise. The views from everywhere in the villa are wonderful! Having your own private little beach is really rare on St. John. There are some beach chairs and a small table on "your" beach. We usually had our coffee there and sometimes our dinner. A great spot to snorkle as well.

The villa itself has everything you would need, not to mention spotless. Bed is very comfy.

Ann and Albion, the owners, are perfect hosts. You will feel like family. They take pride in their beautiful villa and it shows. I was very pleased on how private it is.

Don't hesitate to book, it fills up fast.

Enjoy!
Connie

Post by Connie »

We booked it :). One thing off my bucket list.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Connie...when are your dates?
[/url]
Connie

Post by Connie »

Oct 12- Oct 19. :D
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

Having just returned from our 1st and not last trip to stay at BlueBitch. We have been on the island 3 other time and this was our 1st time staying there. All we can say is WOW!!!. Just amazing! Everything about the property is just like your own piece of PARIDISE!! You will not regret your decision to stay there. :D