Anyone get an item from Friends of VINP auction?

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

Anyone get an item from Friends of VINP auction?

Post by AquaGirl »

I kept eyeing a couple of items on the auction, then didn't go for it. I was especially interested in the "On a Clear Day" villa. Just curious if anyone "won" any of the items?
liamsaunt

Re: Anyone get an item from Friends of VINP auction?

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I won the On a Clear Day villa. This was our third year in a row winning this item. Someone was bidding against us right at the end...was it you? :D

We also got the Sadie Sea sunset sail and a decorative platter that I wanted. I will probably put out an invite for interested forum folks to join us on the Sadie Sea once I figure out which day we are going to use it for.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Nope - it wasn't me who was bidding on the OACD villa. I re-read your trip report from your stay and was mulling it over. I was concerned about the mosquitoes in that location - we've been eaten alive at Francis a few times in the past. Of course, you can be beset by mosquitoes in many locations if there is a bloom going on. I did love the thought of being so close to some of the North Shore beaches that we could snorkel in the morning and go back to the villa for lunch in the screened porch. By the time, we talked ourselves into bidding, the bids were going up, so we decided against it. Enjoy your stay and I look forward to another trip report :D
nikkiki

Post by nikkiki »

I hovered over the bid button for several of the lodging listings, but we bought a house this year, so no vacation on the horizon for us. The ACC auction made our last trip possible, but I just couldn't afford to push that button right now. I'll be living vicariously through all of you for another year!