Recommendations for one night in STT

Travel discussion for St. John
msfcambridge

Recommendations for one night in STT

Post by msfcambridge »

Hi- for our next trip to St John we are looking to stay one night in St Thomas so we don't have to take a red eye. Any recommendations for a place near Red Hook that's safe, nice and reasonably priced? Thanks!
PA Girl

Re: Recommendations for one night in STT

Post by PA Girl »

We did an overnight at the Marriott on the way to STJ in June. I can't remember the price (we may have used points) but it was good for a one night stay. The view is lovely and the pool is pleasant. Ere is a great restaurant down by the morning star section that you can either walk to or use the resort shuttle.

During a prior trip, we stayed at the green iguana in town. Good enough for one night but basic.
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

You also might consider Two Sandals B&B in Red Hook: http://twosandals.com

We stayed there a few years ago and it was fairly basic but quite nice…

My favorite one-night-stand on St. Thomas is Best Western Emerald Beach: http://www.emeraldbeach.com

Nice hotel, great beach, and walking distance from Cyril King Airport…

Next door to the BW is the Island Beachcomber: http://www.islandbeachcomber.net

Not quite so nice a hotel, but with the same great beach and a funky beach bar...
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Many people enjoy Mafolie Hotel and also the Island View Guest House or Green Iguana Guest House are good alternatives -- but none of them are close to Red Hook if that is a definite requirement.
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Two Sandals is excellent, I live there for a month when I moved down in 2010, super nice folks.
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

Thanks for all the recommendations!
mls10

Post by mls10 »

As I have stated many times here, my wife and I stay at least one day at the beginning and end of our STJ stay at Emerald Beach-it is no longer a BW. Good beach, nice bar, adequate food, and terrific convenience. And way cheaper than an extra day at a most villas!
mls10

Post by mls10 »

As I have stated many times here, my wife and I stay at least one day at the beginning and end of our STJ stay at Emerald Beach-it is no longer a BW. Good beach, nice bar, adequate food, and terrific convenience. And way cheaper than an extra day at most villas!
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

In a pinch, last year I stayed at the Windward Passage. It was fine.
In the morning we were able to walk with our luggage to the downtown morning ferry to STJ.