Halloween in the islands

Travel discussion for St. John
cuddles

Halloween in the islands

Post by cuddles »

We will be in St.John the weekend before Halloween and were wondering if any local establishments do any Halloween celebrations? If not St. John...how about St. Thomas? Thanx in advance for the info!
RickG

Post by RickG »

We try to hit St. John for Halloween. The Beach Bar has been fun the last couple of years with live music and a costume contest. The Saturday before Halloween has been a busy night with people in costume walking the streets. The Supervillains, a ska-punk band that is quite good, has been on the island the last couple of years. They played at the Front Yard the Friday before Halloween last year and The Beach Bar the year before. Morgans Mango has a Halloween costume contest and the staff usually dress as a them. You might want to give them a call to find out what date they are all a celebrating.

Have fun, we're coming later this year and will miss the fun.

Cheers, RickG
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Halloween is BIG. Bring costumes!
Biggest parties on STJ are Beach Bar, Skinny Legs and Morgans Mango, I think, but people generally hop around. There are lots of contests, prizes etc.
My favorite costume that I heard about last year was Wade from Noah's Little Arks, who dressed up as "30% Chance of Showers". Wish I had photos of that one.
-Ruth