STJ on Caribbean Life TONIGHT (Sunday, April 3)

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

STJ on Caribbean Life TONIGHT (Sunday, April 3)

Post by Teresa_Rae »

My local listings say that a new episode of Caribbean Life featuring STJ airs at 8 pm and then again at 11 pm CST.

Here's a blurb about it:
http://www.hgtv.com/shows/caribbean-lif ... ode-tunein

Does anybody know who the people are? I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning it.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Ed S

Re: STJ on Caribbean Life TONIGHT (Sunday, April 3)

Post by Ed S »

Teresa, here you go! I also thought this sounded familiar so I looked back to the sites I usually frequent.
http://newsofstjohn.com/2016/02/19/hgtv ... n-st-john/
We automatically DVR all new episodes of Caribbean Life, and I noticed like a week ago that this episode was on tonight. Should be fun!
Image[/url]
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Well color me confused.

They picked Creolla (which was misspelled Creola on the show), and renamed it Alize. Here's the VRBO listing, but these people were supposedly moving to STJ, so why is it on the rental market?

https://www.vrbo.com/4017387ha#

The VRBO listing says that the owner has been on VRBO since 2012, and there is only one rental listing for that owner. So did they actually purchase Creolla 4 years ago?
Last edited by Teresa_Rae on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Mark Twain
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hey Teresa_Rae ,

I know that there was an episode about 2 years ago where the couple chose Creolla and talked about how they were going to remodel everything. I think it was the new owners of Sam and Jack's Deli or maybe the Beach Bar . But they made out like it was going to be their permanent home. I did notice that it was updated nicely from the way it was when they purchased it . But I was surprised to see that they put it back on the market so soon. :?
" I believe there's Magic here...."
KAY

Post by KAY »

Thanks for the heads up Teresa_Rae! We caught the 11:00 and agree the villa had been updated since the last time it aired.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We need a realtor to clear things up for us...Pia? :D
- Mark Twain
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Does anyone know who the gentleman doing the wood working at the beginning of the episode is? We thought we'd like to visit hi and see his work when we are on the island.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

I need to clarify...It was a different couple that purchased Creolla a couple of years ago. Almost certain it was the owners of Sam and Jacks Deli . After reading my own previous post I realized that I made it sound like it was the same couple from this last show. Sorry ! :oops:
mls10

Post by mls10 »

I always get a kick out of the inconsistencies shown when on STJ. Speaking of a nearby restaurant in Calabash Boom and showing the bar on Mongoose Junction was the one I most liked this episode.

I spoke to a local today who said that the "sale" of Creolla was faked for the show.

I too would like to know the woodworker shown. Was that really St. Croix where I once saw a shop deep in the rainforest?
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:lol: I was trying to figure out what restaurant they were talking about out there ! Why in the world would they want to fake a sale of a home ...surely there are some that have really sold that they haven't shown before . We love STJ...wish they would stick to the "Real Thing" when filming ! :? Oh well .

Sherry in SC
Pia

Post by Pia »

Sam and Eric (owners of Sam and Jacks) did NOT buy a house - the show they were on do not care if you buy or not they just want you to pretend you do (unlike HH where you have to actually have closed on the house before they film) I spoke to Eric after it aired and said "I didn't know you bought" and his reply was "we didn't and we had to wait until the show aired to see which one we "picked" LOL

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

So it appears that the people on the recent episode of Caribbean Life did actually buy Creolla, because the guy on the show has the same name as the owner listed on VRBO. But it appears that they actually purchased the house 4 years ago, not recently.

In the episode they made it sound like they're moving to STJ permanently, but since the villa is on the rental market, that must not be the case?

So basically the summary is:

A couple from NY buys a vacation rental villa on STJ in 2012 and does some renovations. 4 years later they go on Caribbean Life and pretend to be moving to STJ and pretend to be looking for a villa to purchase.
- Mark Twain