Just back......and in withdrawl.

Travel discussion for St. John
David- n Hampton, VA

Just back......and in withdrawl.

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

I everyone.....got home last night at midnight and I am still playing catchup with my real life.

I will post some thoughts on my trip and the villa (Sea Stone) but not right now. Have to let my hand heal and get the stitches cut out (today)....not that it will improve or even speed up my typing skills!

Hope everyone has been playing nice on here while I was incommunicado. (When I was visiting with Ruth in her store and getting a tour of the new digs... she asked me if I missed the message board.....I told her I truly did! I know....sad....)

Anyway...more later.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Did you injure your hand while on vacation, or is this a prior injury? I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip once you are rested.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Welcome back – get some rest – take 2 painkillers for the hand.
Looking forward to your report.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I'm so sorry you are having an Immediate Attack Of Dreaded Island Fever. (IAODIF). Sometimes those are the worst ones, I recall.
On the other hand, I am sort of glad you left before eating the smoked salmon and cheese. I never buy this for myself (no idea why not!) and enjoyed the treat immensely, especially on a night like this when it's way too hot to cook. They were delicious with Carr's Rosemary Crackers. And the wine was very nice also.
Thank you very much, David and Kathy. It was nice meeting you and I hope to see you again on St. John!
-Ruth
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hey David Welcome Back!!

Watching your ferry come in and waiting for you to stop and wave was very exciting! There was quite a group of forumites watching the web cam at 5:30, your wave came through about 5:25. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to your trip report!

Jan (aka Charlie)
76 days wheels up
Coden

Post by Coden »

Welcome home!! Sorry to hear you've had stitches, hope all goes well with that. Looking forward to your TR!!
Coden