Obsessedmuch's way too ridculously long trip report...

Travel discussion for St. John
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

obsessedmuch wrote:Oh and ccasebolt- Re: the hat. I'm not even a bandwagoner- it's in my blood! ;)
Obsessed - between STJ and the Sox, we got it BAD !!!

(and since I'm not on STJ right now, I'm home watching the game :) )
Grace

not too long just right

Post by Grace »

Had to come out of lurking mode and tell you I adored your trip report. :D
I could feel your moods every step of the way. I have to hand it to you, it takes courage to travel for 10 days, 8 plane rides alone. Good for you and Bless you for being a nice person too. 8)

Thanks for sharing a great TR and your photos were great. That dog with the skirt, made me smile wide. St John is such a magical place, it's very hard to leave. Excellent writing style.

Besides not wanting to take that "walk of woe" ever, on a serious note, do you feel 10 days is enough time to recharge your batteries? In a sense were you ready to go home?

Thanks again for an awesome report.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Great report........and I am glad you got to meet Ivan.
Ivan is like a dad to me and yes, he is sweet with everyone but he makes each individual feel special......it is just him.............
I will get to see him in a few months. just talked with him today...........:)
I loved how your report flowed and the pics and I am glad you had a good time......like X said it is a family and people are just welcomed like they should be..........
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

ccasebolt- It is a whole 'nother kind of sickness. ;)

Grace- thanks for your nice compliments. I would say yes, 10 days is a good amount of time to be away from everything and everyone. Honestly, I could have used a couple more days as I was just meeting some very wonderful people and getting to know them more would have been fun. I'm sort of people-addicted, I guess so maybe that's just me. As for decompressing and feeling a little better about the world and my place in it, yes... the magic tricks all worked. :)

Rosi- (it's Rosi, right?)- That's so great. Need more people like that everywhere. :)
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

it is Rosi........
I told Ivan that
people come into our lives for
a reason
a season
a lifetime
he is a lifetime
a blessing
a gift from god whose gentle soul that just by his presence eases
ones mind
and heals their spirit.
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

Obesessed; aren't we all a little obsessed? I like reading the long reports. Glad you had a great time. You report and pics are great. Brightened my day.
When will I see St John again?
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

WOW!!! That was long but a very enjoyable read,great job. Started to read it at work had to stop, didn't think I should be on the internet for that long.Nice Satuday read with my coffee. These reports have to get me by till November.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Allright, now I have seen your pictures, and they are great! What a wonderful report. :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Obsessed: Thanks for a great report! I envy your "alone" time. I think when you are by yourself, you tend to get to know others more. When you are with another person, sometimes it's easier just to be "together" than to branch out and meet new people.

I also tried on a $78 sundress over my clothes at Foxy's! I had to laugh when you said that! I think it's wonderful that you saw so much during your trip while still feeling like you were on island time. I think your trip sounds absolutely perfect! Although I had to read your report in installments, I'm so glad you took the time to post it! :D
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

CG- We tried on the same dress?! Too funny! Next time I think I'll just add a hat and shoes and go for the entire drunk shopping ensemble. ;)
Thanks for reading- it's fun for me to see the report again though I'm sure some people wish this crazy long thing would just go away. :)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

obsessedmuch wrote:I'm sure some people wish this crazy long thing would just go away. :)
Nahh.... maybe we can set some new record with it! :lol:
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Just got done reading your trip report and what can I but "WOW". It was like reading a good book that you just can put down. I still kept on reading evan after the NASCAR race started. :lol:

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

obsessedmuch - this is one of the best reports I have ever read. Yours and Vickis. And great photos as well.

I am a bit curious about you staying by yourself. How was the "villa" where you stayed. Did you feel safe and comfortable? Was it affordable?

I am about to plan a diving trip by myself this fall, and I am not sure my husband want to go with me this time. I am thinking about getting an advanced certification course, so it will be at least three whole days of diving. I know it's very far away for me to travel by myself, but I do want to go somewhere nice and a place I have been to before.

What was your experience traveling by your own? Did you have a car?

You can PM me if you want.
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

Wow! That was the best trip report I'd ever read. LOVED, loved, loved your photos. I leave in 9 days and should be doing laundry, packing, etc...but I sat here and read every word of your report and now I am really excited to be there! Good for you for going there alone. I've wondered how that might feel. You made it sound fun and easy.

Thank you!
Bluwater
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

Cool- thanks guys! Even kept reading after the race started? Wow. ;)

Maggy- It was really easy to go alone. I think you'd be fine. Not only is it fun but people tend to take care of and "adopt" you when you're alone. I'd imagine those you'd be diving with would do the same thing. I did have a car which gives you more freedom whether you're alone or not. I was a little scared to drive all on my own and navigate but that turned out to be NO problem. Have fun!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:40 am.