Obsessedmuch's way too ridculously long trip report...

Travel discussion for St. John
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Great report! I love your pictures.
So, when are you going to pay up with that painkiller? :D
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Obsessed - that was GREAT. I enjoyed it and read the whole thing at work this morning.....don't tell. :D
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Obsessed, great trip report! I read it from start to finish (also at work). I'll collect on that painkiller, but it has to be at the Beach Bar or Soggy Dollar. So glad that you had such a fantastic time and made so many friends, including creature friends. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

Great trip report! I guess the one night where it was REAL loud were the tree frogs? They tend to get very loud too after a good rain. I wanted to ask you what time does the ferry drop you off at Jost Van Dyke and what time do you get back on? Thanks again for some great reading - Susan
cat

Post by cat »

Totally Awesome Report!!! I read from start to finish! Now I will probably be late for work! Thanks for all the pics! They were great!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Loved your report. I wish it was even longer!! You remind me of myself. I have to pet every stray cat or dog that comes along. The dog in the dress.......too funny!!
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Great trip report. You are so brave to go alone. I went on a cruise once alone, but I'm not sure, now that I've been married for 8 years, that I could do it again. I love the thought of it!

I too, am a huge Deli Grotto fan. I love everything they make, and you can catch up with what is going on with the forum, while you eat.

The Soggy Dollar always gives me my puppy fix, when I'm missing mine. They are all soo cute. My favorite is the little one with the twisted hind leg. He and I are best buds.

Thanks for the fix.

Sydney
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

You did a fantastic job on your trip report! I enjoyed every single word of it! Gotta give all you "girlies go it aloners" some serious kudos. Maybe someday I'll quit being such a baby and go without Honey. I'd totally do a girl trip though! I so want to do a Mom/Daughter trip. I just need to find another Mom/Daughter to share it with for twice the fun! Thanks for sharing your fabulous trip with us.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Wow, I printed out your report and read it in two sessions. It was great seeing the island through your eyes.

I've done trips to the islands solo before. It's a great way to get your life sorted out. The last time I did this was in 1996 when my now 10 year old daughter was on the way. I needed to sort some things out. It worked for me. Sounds like it was great for you.

I laughed my a$$ off when I saw that dog in the skirt. Crazy people.

Cheers, RickG
Last edited by RickG on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Obseessed - the end of your report brought tears to my eyes (yes, I can be a sap). I HATED to see you leave. You really did appreciate everything while you were there...so wonderful.

Thanks for the report - wish it was longer!

nothintolose
jmq

Post by jmq »

Obsessed - report is a real fun read, great photos. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Please consider joining the STJ photo group on flickr and posting your best there at:

http://flickr.com/groups/78947230@N00/

Your work would be a great addition to the group.
JMQ
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
RickG

Post by RickG »

When's the next trip? Halloween's a great time to be on island. If you can wait that long!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Great read! Perfect amount of pics and commentary. Particularly loved the "JOY" rock pic. How clever! Sounds like a perfect trip! Beginning to think you have the right idea. With only 1 person, you can afford to stay for over 7 days!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

OMG - ASWESOME report!!! It was like having a guided tour; I could feel the wind on my face at Ram Head and the jumbies at creepy Drunk Bay (!) Your adventurous spirit and ability to make the most of life are truly inspirational!

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!

P.S. Love your hat too! :)
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

WOW! That was an awesome trip report. As others have said you can make us feel as though we were right there with you. I could feel that feeling of peace while you were sitting on the beach alone, I felt the urge to swim away from the 6-7 foot shark, the joy of meeting new people and playing with every animal you could,and I truly felt your sadness as you took the walk of woe. You do sound as though you belong there too. Beer and Pringles I am sure would be welcomed by most for the opportunity to be floating out on that water. I am so happy that you had such a wonderful and peaceful experience. Thanks so much for sharing your days with us. If we are ever visiting at the same time, you would be the one who deserved the Painkiller, my treat.