Obsessedmuch's way too ridculously long trip report...

Travel discussion for St. John
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Obsessed - Great report. I envy your ability to go and talk with everyone and truly have a special trip. It's clear to see your personality through your writing style.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us - as is often said, trip reports can never be too long!

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
traceysj

Post by traceysj »

I loved your trip report and I loved your trip.

Wow, is all I can say to these gals who go to stj by yourselves. It takes a special, self-assured person to do that, I wish I could!!

I'm sorry back home is tough, it's been 5 years since my first trip and I remember it all too well!
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

OK, this is by far one of the best trip reports I have read so far. I read the whole thing, laughing at your style. Loved it. Hope you get to go back soon. Glad you had a great time. I agree that you may be the next to move, at least after me. Re-assimilating back to the day to day grind can be tough, but from what I read of your experience on STJ, you will over the top before you know it.
Capt. Jack
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

What an awesome trip report!!!
Thank you for taking the time to do it.
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Pia

Post by Pia »

Great report and photo's - and remember anytime you want to come stay for free you can house sit for us and we will take a vacation - we even pay you but you would have to take care of the "girls" but I dont think that would be a problem for you :wink:

Glad you had a great time and see you again soon :)

Pia
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Great report. It sounds like you had just a wonderful vacation. I am so inspired by you ladies who set out on your own - it makes me feel good just reading about it.

Your little apartment looks very nice.

I pm-ed you with a photo request.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Wow, awesome report!!! You are a great writer, you had me right there with you!! :lol:

I am so glad that you had such a good vacation, it sounds like you did so much yet I could tell you were relaxed. And how cool that you met so many people! I wish we could have gotten to know you, it was our loss.

Thanks again for sharing your week with us!

Jan (akaCharlie)
mia

Post by mia »

Terrific trip report and not one word too long. I enjoyed your day by day account....sure sounds like you had a perfect escape from the "real world". You mentioned "nice people" several times....let me just say, "It takes one to know one". :) ....mia

Oh...what is "Table One"?
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Perfect trip report! It was so fun to read and your pictures are great. I totally felt the "anything is possible" vibe on the beach early in the mornings! Glad you had a wonderful trip and thanks for sharing.

Nicolle
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

Leslie - That was one of the finest and funniest trip reports I've ever read. I've been non-productive at the office for at least a half hour now! Let me say first that your "block of cream cheese, some Blind Betty's jalapeno jam on top and some crackers and celery" was SO GOOD that Marcia and I attempted to replicate it on subsequent evenings but couldn't find the exact brand of crackers you brought so it wasn't quite at tasty. Geez - I can almost taste it even now... As far as your trip up our stairtower, we'll try and mount a little plaque there in your honor: "First Forumite to the Tower Summit - Obsessedmuch - May 28, 2007" or something like that... It was fun meeting you...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
augie

Post by augie »

wishwewerethere wrote:
BTW - that shark was definitely three feet. Four if you wanted to exaggerate a bit for a good story...
C'mon - no one else was there - are you sure you don't want to make it five or six? :wink:
Come see us!
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

Great report! Got me excited for my trip in 38 days!

Mike
Betty

Post by Betty »

WOW AWESOME REPORT!!!! I laughed, I cried, I was huffing and puffing on the Reef Bay Trail right along with you! You and Vicki have raised the bar for trip reports!

And remember fellow forumites ... trip reports are never tooooo long! :wink:

Thank you for making my day!
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

Thanks KYgirl and everyone that said it wasn't too long. :)

Flip- You got it!

Tracy- Sarcasm helps. :)

Leroy- The plans are already in the works.

Pia- Awesome! We will have to "coordinate"- hehe. :) Thanks, again!

PAgirl- answered PM. Happy to help!

Jan- It was great meeting you and Mike. Hopefully our paths will cross again and for a longer period next time. :)

Mia- Thanks, that's sweet of you to say. Oh and Table One, I guess, at JJ's is where a lot of locals sit. The morning I was there I sat with a business ownder and what I think was a homeless gentleman named Wally. Wally philosphised for quite sometime on money and business and life and then, before he left, asked me if I wanted to buy his coffee for him. I did- what the heck.

Nicolle- That's a great feeling, isn't it? That's what escapes are about, I think.

Randy- too funny! A plaque! I will have to figure out what those crackers were ASAP! Thanks again.

Wishwewerethere- Okay, it is now the 5 ft. shark- haha! Can't wait to see your pics, too! Oh, and don't worry, I was more amazed at the sounds of the things in the trees than scared. No worries! :)

Thanks guys, it's so fun to relive it all with you!