My pictures are finally online!

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thanks everyone!

Kirk: I intentionally took a lot of pictures of downtown and Coral Bay because you never seem to see those kind. I always wanted to know what the buildings looked like so I could recognize them when I got there. :D

Robin: Oh, looking at my pictures will take MUCH longer than that! :lol:

Cypressgirl:I have a little Canon SD400 digital elph (+ underwater case) and Rick has a Canon Rebel XT350D. If you look at the bottom of the pictures online, it tells you which camera each picture was taken with.

Capt. Scott: Salomon was on the very top of my list after seeing some of Steve Simonsen's photography. It's definitely worth the hike. Plus, without the skeeters, it would be a very pleasant hike, as well. It's not difficult, I have bad knees and it didn't bother me at all. We did it in flip-flops, but I recommend a sturdier shoe.

Nothintolose & Cypressgirl: The reason I picked pBase for my online album is because of the categories (or "galleries" as they call them) and NO ADVERTISING to detract from the photo. It's costs a little to use it, but I think it's definitely worth it! It's $23 a year for 500MB of space. So far, I'm only using 388MB. If I want to upgrade to 1500MB, it would be $60 per year.

Bug

Post by Bug »

Margo:

I love the pics!! Thanks so much for sharing :D

XOXO
Bug
cat

Post by cat »

Margo, those were great! Thank you for all of the hard work you put into them and their organization!
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Margo, we really love your pictures. We think you really captured the essence of STJ - bravo!!

California Girl wrote:It's $23 a year for 500MB of space. So far, I'm only using 388MB.
pbase hint: Under "Original Image Processing" if you use the option to "Delete Originals" it free up a lot space and the medium and large size pictures are just fine for online viewing. Another option is to use the "Recompress Original"; this doesn't free up as much space as the "Delete Originals" but more than just leaving the originals there.

We have a more pictures posted on our pbase site and we are only using 84 MB out of the 500.
Bob & Anita
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Amazing pictures & I love the way you organized them! Bravo!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Ok what did you catch Ruth and Ron doing they look like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar :lol:
Great pics
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Loved them! I like that you got pics of all our favorite places to go - the shops, the bars, the restaurants. I always forget to get shots of those places.
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

WOW! Great pics and organization of them! I was so glad you took so many pics of all the stores & restaurants since it will help me recognize some of these places when I go!

Question: The pics of the sugar mill ruin that you labeled "Cinnamon" -- is this within walking distance from Cinnamon Bay or is there no connection with that beach whatsoever?
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Great shots - thanks for sharing. I really like the ones of the signs. I'm suprised you did come across the snowmobil one. Ah! next time. Thanks again.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
California Girl

Bob & Anita wrote:Margo, we really love your pictures. We think you really captured the essence of STJ - bravo!!
pbase hint: Another option is to use the "Recompress Original"; this doesn't free up as much space as the "Delete Originals" but more than just leaving the originals there.
We have a more pictures posted on our pbase site and we are only using 84 MB out of the 500.
Hi Bob & Anita! You're not the first person to tell me this, and I have gone back and recompressed my originals, yet, I'm still using 388MB for 710 pictures and 18 galleries. I always reduce my pix to 800x600 before I upload so deleting the originals doesn't do much.
From pBase: You can choose to delete your originals and replace them with the large size versions. If the originals are smaller than the default large size, no change will be made.

I'll check back again later today and see if my usage changes once pBase updates me since recompressing. If it doesn't change much, then I'll see what I can accomplish by deleting the originals.

Thanks for your compliments and tips! Truly appreciated!
California Girl

LandLockedBeachLover wrote:WOW! Great pics and organization of them! I was so glad you took so many pics of all the stores & restaurants since it will help me recognize some of these places when I go!

Question: The pics of the sugar mill ruin that you labeled "Cinnamon" -- is this within walking distance from Cinnamon Bay or is there no connection with that beach whatsoever?
LLBL & Vicki: I made it my mission to take lots of pictures downtown because you don't see many pictures of what Cruz Bay looks like in everyone else's pictures. And like you, Landlocked, I wanted to know what places looked like before I got there.

LLBL: I can't really tell you if the Cinnamon Bay ruins are walking distance from the entrance to Cinnamon or not. I just plain can't remember. Maybe someone else can comment on this. I would say I think it's probably walking distance...at least it looks like it when I check my maps. I believe you would just cross the road and walk about 1/4 mile, if I'm not mistaken. The ruins, however, are RIGHT NEXT to the road, so you can't miss them!

Edit: Ok, I just looked at my pictures again, and I believe you can see the entrance to Cinnamon Bay on the right side of the picture of the road (by the spot of sunshine).
Last edited by California Girl on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
California Girl

waterguy wrote:Ok what did you catch Ruth and Ron doing they look like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar :lol:
Great pics
They DO look sorta' guilty, don't they? I'll never tell!! 8)

FlaGeorge: We never saw the snomobile sign. I know it's there somewhere, but I have no idea where! :?
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Thanks for sharing your pics CaliGirl. They are great! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I still can't get over the dophin encounter. What a magical life moment!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Lots of great shots ya have there.I really enjoyed the around the town shots.I Was going to do that too but never seemed to get into town much with the camera.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

The snowmobile sign is in chocolate hole