im in the fifties!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
wontongirl

im in the fifties!!!

Post by wontongirl »

Only 59 more days until we arrive at Bongo Bongo in paradise! We started at 152 so we've been counting awhile. Would someone please write a review of this place- I'm running out of things to read!
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

You're so lucky. I can hardly wait to rent it. Must stay there, must stay there soon!

I'll be looking forward to your review too. Have there been any so far posted here? What's the problem! 8)

SarahD
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I will be there in 20 days and I promise a report or two :lol:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

mary beth wrote:I will be there in 20 days and I promise a report or two :lol:
Hey little miss 20 days! :)

Are you making an island playlist on your iPod for warms nights on the pool deck with the tiki torches and the railing lights?

There was a thread on the old forum about what kinds of music people take with them to St. John. It was interesting to see what music puts different people in the island mood :)
Coden

Post by Coden »

Oh, you lucky ducks!!! Have a marvy time and can't wait to hear all about STJ and Bongo-Bongo!!!
Coden
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

California Girl wrote:
mary beth wrote:I will be there in 20 days and I promise a report or two :lol:
Hey little miss 20 days! :)

Are you making an island playlist on your iPod for warms nights on the pool deck with the tiki torches and the railing lights?

Ha .. how did you know! :)
Actually I bought a few Kenny tunes from iTunes a while back and Jimmy Buffet is on there already. But that's as far as I got.
wontongirl

first time for this

Post by wontongirl »

Okay-
So usually it is not until we are on the ferry to return home ( when I have that tear in my eye) that my husband says to me " lets start thinking about when we are coming back." It happened yesterday while we were on day 59. My husband asked me to get on the villa search for February. We haven't even gotten there yet! We are getting so bad. We have done 2 trips in a year before but usually wait until we get back and are sad and missing the place before we start our planning! I know that feb. is a busy time to be there but guess I will start the villa hunt anyway. I/ll start with checking availability for Bongo Bongo!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Hey, you are coming the day after us apparently because I have 58 days to go. Unless you posted yesteday (I didn't look) in which case we are gonna be there the same day!

I can't wait. I am curious to see what its like in November since I've only been in May!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Ya’All – take lots of pictures. The place won’t look the same after Jorge hits it.

I can see the new Bongo Bongo blog entry:
4th Quarter 2006:
Some very nice folks have visited our newly completed “Paradise Home” and have gently broken it in and work out the kinks. Then hurricane Jorge hits the island. The rest of the island was undamaged – but Bongo Bongo took a direct hit.

Damage was extensive – Carib beer bottles all over the place. Bikini tops & bottoms clogging the pool filter. Patio chairs in the bedroom. Remember the new coffee grinder & blender – found 100 yards away from Bongo Bongo. All the TV’s were on the pool patio tuned to a NASCAR station. And the cisterns are all empty – where did 20,000 gallons of water go? Thanks god we still have a hundred million dollars left on the construction loan. Film at eleven……

You know that I’m just kidding buddy (Jorge) – ya’all are going to have such a good time. Bring on the pictures and reports.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
wontongirl

flip flop

Post by wontongirl »

Today is Wednesday and we have 58 days to go. We are driving over to Memphis to spend the night before we leave ( we have a very early flight). Memphis on NOv 10 and STJ on Nov. 11!!!!!! Where are you staying?
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We'll be there Nov 11 - 18th staying on STJ at Le Virage.
California Girl

mary beth wrote:Ha .. how did you know! :)
Actually I bought a few Kenny tunes from iTunes a while back and Jimmy Buffet is on there already. But that's as far as I got.
Well, it sounds like you have a very good start! Do the Bongo Bongo boys have an iPod jack installed in the stereo system at the villa? I can't remember if they mentioned that on the blog or not. It seems like they thought of just about everything else! :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I believe they do! Will let you know ;)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Jorge wrote:Hey Mary Beth and Cal. Girl. That's Kenny Rogers right?
No... it's Kenny Rankin! :lol: :roll: :lol: